Wednesday, December 26, 2007

In 2008 I Would Like To...

learn to quilt
learn to knit
finish my Names of Jesus cross stitch for our new home
design a Names of God cross stitch pattern
stick with Weight Watchers
actually lose the weight I want to lose
do some significant work on the kids' scrapbooks
read one book a month
force myself to stick to a daily schedule
take lots of pictures
get a new camera (I need to do this one before I do the one above)
get the good pictures developed instead of letting them sit in my hard drive forever
get my blog bound~ 2006 and 2007
stop eating fast food
write down the stories I remember my grandparents, grandparents-in-law, parents, and parents-in-law telling me
start a new tradition or two~Family Night and the Special Plate
write in a journal often
and lots of other things!!

There are really too many things to name. I keep thinking of more things I want to do, things I want to accomplish, ways I want to bless others, habits I want to establish, hobbies I want to cultivate. I know 2008 is going to be wonderful and I am looking forward to it's beginning.

post signature

3 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I can guess what the Family Night is. What is Special Plate?

Julie said...

A Special Plate is a pretty or decorative plate that you only bring out during celebrations or to honor someone. For example, if one of your children studies very hard for a test and makes a 100 on it, then that night at dinner you may choose to serve their dinner on the Special Plate. Or another example is on their birthday or their spiritual birthday. The plate is usually a large plate that is a bright color, or a glittery plate, or a plate that you have decorated somehow. It is simply a way to show honor to that person. I think my kids will enjoy it.

Julie said...

I found a plate last night to use as our Special plate! It is a big yellow fiesta ware plate. I am so excited about starting this new tradition!