Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Checking In

Packing is going well and is taking up lots of my time. It helps to keep my mind occupied. I still feel an ache in my heart pretty much all the time. I really can't imagine how my sister feels. To lose a child must be the hardest thing to bear. I am praying that God holds her in His hand and comforts her each day. This journey of grief will be a long one for all of us, but especially for her parents and siblings.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get off on that subject. It just dominates so much of my thinking these days.

So we have been packing and moving, packing and moving. Today we found out that we had a water leak out at the land for the past 3 days. Someone finally called today and turned off the water meter. I feel sick thinking about how much water was wasted and how expensive it's going to be. Water running full blast for 3 days. Ugh.

But it's not the end of the world and we can handle it.

This weekend we will be babysitting our 4 nieces. They are ages 8, 6, 3, and 1. We ought to have a fun, busy weekend full of squeals and giggles. I am sure I will be ready to send them home come Sunday afternoon. : )

post signature

1 comment:

Annie said...

I listened to the program on coachj's blog yesterday... you should listen to it too. God understands. It also occurred to me while praying this morning that even Jesus wept. He felt sadness for Lazarus even though He knew He could bring him back with two simple words (come forth)... I don't know if Jesus was sad for his friend's grief... but it feels good to know that God knows our grief and he cares. He loves us. That means so much to me.

Have fun this weekend, I wouldn't want to trade places... :o)!