Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The First Day of Spring post...coming soon

I have been meaning to write about our wonderful Monday, the first day of Spring. We had such a great day!! However, today was a day from h-ll, so I am not in the mood to type nice things about our Monday.
I have been having much pain in my upper, mid, and lower back so I went to my dr. last week. She sent me to have x-rays and I got the report in the mail today. It just so happens that today I was in constant pain. I was in pain even before I got the report in the mail. So it wasn't one of those things where you feel worse after finding out a diagnosis.

This is what I found out
1. I have chronic muscle tightness in my neck, which is causing my neck to straighten.
2. I have mild scoliosis in the thoracic part of my back, which causes chronic muscle aches.
3. I have an old compression fracture in the thoracic part of my back. Weird, you think I would know if my back had been fractured in the past. I know I am not an observant person, but this is ridiculous.
4. I have disc space narrowing in the lumbar part of my back. This is causing the most pain.

My dr. is referring me to a spinal orthopedist. She said "spine orthopedist" but I think the correct way to say it is "spinal orthopedist." She's only a DOCTOR. Surely, I know the correct way to say it. I am a MOM after all.

This back pain is causing much crankiness in my life lately. I will post on our lovely first day of Spring when I feel less cranky.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

How is your back feeling this week?

Julie said...

Ummm...better. It is better some days and then painful again on other days. I go to the dr. on Wednesday. Thanks for asking! : )

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»