Wednesday, March 15, 2006

An update on my life for anyone who cares to read about my life

One thing I didn't think about when I created this blog was the time it would take to actually sit down and type thoughts into my computer. Finding time to spend in here typing my life so the world can read it is difficult. Well, finding the time is difficult, but putting thoughts together and making sense is the most difficult thing most days.

Having said all of that, it has been quite a while since I last posted and it is because I have been very busy with all of my responsibilities. Homeschooling, laundry, changing diapers, rocking babies, reading stories... Wow, I do have the best profession in the world! :)

Right now is a very uncertain time in our lives. We are living in a house that we may or may not get to stay in and we know that in a few weeks we may not have a job! But we are choosing to trust God and His infinite wisdom and just have peace about the whole thing. I have gotten to a point where I am really enjoying my "free" big house!! At $1 a day, it is basically free.

Today is day one of week 3 of Weight Watchers for me. As of last night, I have lost 3 pounds. Of course, after the Value Sized meal I got at Chick Fil A last night I may have gained a bit. I left the WW meeting feeling famished so I headed on over to Chick Fil A and got my favorite, a number 1 combo, value sized with a Coke, for a grand total of 29 points! That includes a classic Chick Fil A sandwich, large waffle fries, a large Coke, and 2 polynesian sauce packets. Since my points started over today, I just ignored those points I ate last night. Works for me.

Have any of you read Parenting With Love and Logic? It was recommended to me by a dear relative of mine who happens to be a counselor at an elementary school. In the pat, I have not wanted to read it because I kind of felt like I was "above" that particular method of discipline and I was determined to not do something just because my "perfect" relatives did it that way. I now realize the error of my ways and I feel pretty badly about it. I have been humbled and now I am going to listen to her advice and try it out. We are going to read the book and then take the Parenting With Love and Logic class at a local elementary school. I'll keep you posted...

Let's see...what else is new in my world...
Oh, my hubby applied for a job in the Rio Grande Valley. Those of you who know me know that while I was there I was homesick. Now I am homesick for the Valley!! I'm always wanting what I don't have.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I cannot imagine why you have no time for blogging! I have to write things down as I think of them or as they happen throughout the day & eventually, I pull out my planner & blog about them. Nerdy, I know.

Do you have a website for MFCC?

Annie said...

I think they follow the love & logic at westfall... I remember a few years back seeing workshops...
Any new news???
I know it will all work out in a really good interesting way!
It's raining here now.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»