Thursday, July 13, 2006

Proactive vs. Reactive and Weight Loss Journey

Things To Do Today
pack up living room, family room, and dining room
keep up with laundry
take kids for a walk/bike ride


Proactive vs. Reactive
I seem to bounce back and forth between these two. Some weeks I am very proactive~ planning my days, planning meals and activities for the kids. Other weeks (like this week!), I seem to be "flying by the seat of my pants" and reacting to life, instead of being proactive.
I am not a very balanced person. I know this is shocking to those of you who know me well. :)
I am either "hot" or "cold."
This is something I am going to be praying about and asking God to give me more balance. I do not expect to be perfect or to always plan ahead, but I do have a hosuehold of 8 to run and it would run much more smoothly if I was consistent and proactive.

Weight Loss Journey
I rejoined WeightWatchers online yesterday. Since my youngest child's birth, 13 months ago, I have been a definite yo-yo dieter. First Body for Life, then Weight Watchers meetings, then Body for Life again, then starvation (that lasted for a few hours), etc.
I am still 15 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, and 30 pounds above my ideal weight.


I want to put a picture of me at my ideal weight and then a picture of what I look like now on here, but I can't figure out how to crop my pictures so they will fit and look nice. I will work on that.

That's all for now. I hear kids needing me in the kitchen. :)

3 comments:

Annie said...

Emelia is over playing with Alex... Alex went to Matt's class today...
How's moving?

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»