Wednesday, July 26, 2006

We have moved

We have officially moved! I am still working through boxes (how did we ever accumulate this much stuff??) but for the msot part, we are moved in. We are enjoying this little small town (17,000 people). It's not THAT small, but compared to a metropolitan area, it is small.
Things we like about our small town...
1. It is quiet
2. We can look up at night and see stars, not airplanes
3. We feel good letting the kids ride their bikes up and down the street
4. Everything is slower here; there's no rush
5. It's not crowded
6. People wave and smile

I hope to post pictures sometime soon. We have bought 10 acres and are starting the process of building our house. I am very excited about all of this!

If anyone knows how to keep cougars and water moccasins away, let me know!

:)

5 comments:

Annie said...

YEAH!!!
I hope you are really happy there.
love you.
Annie

Julie said...

So far, so good! Every evening when Corey gets home he says, "I'm so glad we're here in this town."

:)
Love ya too

Natalie said...

Aren't you supposed to tap two sticks together to keep away the cougars? Or is that bears? :)

Just kidding.. that's from "The Parent Trap," remember?

I'm glad you're moved & getting settled in.. cannot wait to see the land!

Julie said...

I will try the stick thing. :) Yes, I remember that from Parent Trap. That is so funny! Actually, I am planning to get a gun and shoot the crazy thing if it gets on our land. They're protected in TX, but if they get on your property you can shoot them. That sounds mean and drastic, but I want to let the kids run around the whole 10 acres without worrying about a cougar eating them!!!

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»