Thursday, November 29, 2007

Moving to Campers, Part 1

It dawned on me this morning that I have about 15 days to sort and pack our belongings to move to the campers. The reason I only have 15 days is because one weekend in December we will have our 4 nieces staying with us and then there is a Thursday-Saturday that we will be having a moving sale. We have to be out by the 26th of December (nice planning on my part, right?) but we want to be moved out by December 20th and then take a few days to clean the house.

So...I sat down and thought this through this afternoon and made a packing schedule. Basically, my goal is to pack one room per day. Each of the kids gets one box to pack their stuff in to take to the camper. Clothes, toothbrush, toys, all of their necessities and then whatever else will fit in the box that they want to take. The boxes are not very big. They are 10 in x 12 in x 15 in and they have lids. The Hubster and I get 2 boxes (or how ever many we need). I am packing Baby's stuff in my boxes.

Today I am supposed to have the Master Bedroom and Master Bathroom packed. It doesn't look like that is going to happen unless I make a pot of coffee and stay up really late. I have managed to pack all of my clothes and Baby's clothes. I have packed Baby Girl's clothes for storage but I haven't packed her clothes to take to the camper.

It has been taking me quite a while to pack because I am sorting as I go. I am sorting things into 3 categories: Camper, Storage (we will be storing all of the extra stuff in our barn), and Garage Sale. It is really fun to watch about 50% of our stuff go into the black Garage Sale trash bags. It feels great to get rid of stuff that we no longer need or use! Everything that doesn't sell at the garage sale will be donated to charity. That way I won't be hanging onto it and it will bless someone else.

The kids are all pretty excited about packing their box. It is cute to watch them pick out which toys are special enough to go into their box. I had better go so I can get some packing done. I just got Baby to sleep so I have a couple of hours before he needs me again.

Good night.

post signature

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Girl! You are busy! Perhaps 'til you move you can tell your son and daughter that they can only "play" with those neighborhood friends at your house-not theirs. Maybe you're already doing this. I do understand wanting to get your kids out of this situation. Our society has our children growing up way too fast, and if some are in a bad home situation, they are seeing things that adults shouldn't be seeing. Sad!
Hope today is very productive for you, and you are feeling better! Did you find your cell phone yet?

Julie said...

I did find my cell phone, thankfully. This morning I had my alarm back so I woke up on time and I am being very productive! I am feeling better today, too. : )

Annie said...

Sounds like a plan!!!

Annie said...

I forgot to mention that when I went to prayer group this week at church (tuesday morning) we prayed for Megan's soul, and for your family. It was a very special prayer. Just wanted you to know.

Julie said...

Thank you, Annie.

Michelle said...

packing can be such a daunting task! But it does help you to purge things you don't really need! Hope it all goes smoothly!