Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dr. Visit Today

Well, today is ds8's 7th day to be sick. He started complaining of ear pain last night, so I took him in to the dr. this morning. We switched to a much closer dr., by the way. 20 minutes away instead of an hour away. I like the new dr. a lot.

Anyway, she told me that yes, they all definitely have the flu. I refused the "booger test" as she called it. There's nothing she can do for the flu at this point anyway. BUT ds8's flu turned into an ear infection and sinus infection, so we got antibiotics for him. He has missed 4 daysof school so far, and will probably be out tomorrow again, but I don't care. There's no way I would send him to school feeling this bad.

Yesterday after school, ds6#2 started feeling bad. He went downhill FAST and within 30 minutes or so his fever was in the 104s and he was throwing up and lethargic. It was bad. I was worried about him because of his asthma. But this morning he got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, and went to school. The boy LOVES school and he said he felt fine. He didn't have a fever, so I let him go. I called and checked on him and his teacher said he is doing great. The other twin is home today with flu though.

Last night everyone focused their prayers on ds6#2 since he has asthma and the flu can be scary for asthmatics. Tonight I think we'll focus our prayers on all 6 kids and mom and dad. :)
Then by tomorrow morning all will be well in our household once again.

No comments: