Thursday, January 11, 2007

Our Week

This week has been an intersting one. There is never a dull moment around here. Saturday I was checked into the hospital with kidney stones. My mom came down to help us Sunday evening and dh left on a business trip Monday morning. I came home from the hospital Tuesday afternoon.

The kidney stone/stones have not passed and they are making themselves known constantly. I am taking Tylenol with codeine and phenergan for nausea. I am supposed to stay lying around as much as I can, but I can be up if I feel like it. Yesterday I was up quite a bit, but today I pretty much slept all day.

The kids are thrilled that my mom is here and she is enjoying getting to spend time with them in their normal setting. When we are at her house for holidays and visits there are usually 13 kids there and things are chaotic. So it is good for her to get to spend time with them here. She has enjoyed taking them to school, playing with the little ones during the day, picking the kids up from school, listening to them read to her, helping with homework, etc. She has also gotten all of the laundry done, cleaned the house, bought us 2 new dressers, cooked all the meals, and basically taken care of our every need. It has been wonderful, despite the pain I am in.

I will see my midwives and OB next week sometime and they will then figure out how to handle this situation, if the stones have not passed by then.

Dh will be home tomorrow night and for that I am thankful. We all miss him!

1 comment:

Humphrey Hot Spot said...

no no - we like dh but dont let him come home- then mom will leave and who will all the great things she has done ?
save yourself let mom stay !
love ya les