Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday~ Sweet 16 Edition!

I was 16 in 1993.

The album of the year was Unplugged by Eric Clapton.
Song of the year was Tears in Heaven.
I listened to rock music when I was 16. bands like Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Nirvana were some of my favorites.

Movies that I watched in 1993 were Jurassic Park, Mrs. Doubtfire (love this movie!), Sleepless in Seattle, The Pelican Brief, and Schindler's List.

My parents bought me a 1987 red Jeep Laredo the summer of 1993. It was awesome!
I remember having a very fun summer with my best friend, Emily. I had a job working as a cashier at a small, family owned grocery store. I remember taking my first paycheck and spending the whole thing on clothes and a bottle of Mackie perfume.
I still love the smell of Mackie!

I can’t talk about my “Sweet 16” without mentioning my oldest daughter.
When I was 16, I had a serious boyfriend, too serious. My oldest daughter was conceived when I was 16 and born when I was 17. Most of my memories of being 16 involve that boyfriend and my pregnancy. It was a heartbreaking year for my family and a challenging year for me. But we made it through and God blessed me with a baby girl!

My daughter is one of the greatest gifts of my life. God took that little girl and helped me turn my life around because of her.



post signature

3 comments:

Annie said...

Hmmm...1993. I forget you are younger than me sometimes :o).
That was a rocky year for you, you have grown so much from then. It is amazing to me how God's seed planted in your heart has continued to grow and grow over the years.

Michelle said...

thanks for sharing that part of your life! Sounds like God truly has blessed you!

Jill said...

Two beautiful girls immersed from Chapter 16 of this story. Beautiful.