Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Favorite Resources

Here are a few of my favorite resources:

www.doorposts.net A Day of Delight is one of my all time favorite books! It talks about making Sunday the most important day of the week, a "day of delight!" So many times we rush around getting ready for church, then spend the afternoon cleaning, napping, or watching a football game on TV. This book helps change our focus to the Lord and the Lord's Day. I highly recommend this book. Other resources I have used from Doorposts are the If...Then chart, the Blessing chart, and the Brother-Offended chart. I want to buy Polished Cornerstones, Plants Grown Up and Prepare Thy Work. Oh, we have also used For Instruction in Righteousness, the Ruby doll kit (LOVE this!!), and Toys for the King's Children (haven't used this yet).

www.aboverubies.org This is such a valuable, educational, inspiring, hope-giving resource! Sign up for their FREE magazine. I have been getting this magazine since 2000 and God has used these ladies to change my life. This is a true "Titus 2" magazine. It will enrich your life. I am going to the Arkansas Above Rubies retreat in November. I would love to have someone go with me. If you are interested, let me know!
Oh, they also have many Bible study books. I am working through a study called The Power Of Motherhood right now and it is so great! I have also done The Family Meal Table and Hospitality. Be Fruitful and Multiply is very good (Elizabeth, you need to read this one). I want to read all of Nancy's Bible studies and I want to buy Serene's cookbook for raw foods.

www.titus2.com This is the website of a family with 8 children, the Maxwells. They have a resource called Managers of Their Homes for moms who want to learn to manage their time better. I must admit, I have been trying unsuccessfully to manage our time since 2001, but many of my friends have used this resource and have successfully mastered time management for their families. I am a MOTH (Managers of Their Homes) failure, but I am still trying! I will not give up!!!
They also have a book called Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit. It is so, so good! And real.
There are several other books I want to read of theirs: The Moody's (series to read aloud to the kids), Keeping Your Children's Hearts, and Preparing Sons (how to prepare sons to provide for a one-income family- we have 5 sons so this should be a good tool for us).

Check these out! You will be blessed.

post signature

1 comment:

Christine said...

You have listed many excellent resources. I am hoping to make the Ruby doll kit with my 6 yo dd. Many blessings!