Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday~ Dates Gone Wrong!

When I saw Annie's "Dates Gone Wrong" edition, I thought of our most recent "date night." Our oldest daughter had some birthday money. She gathered up $5.00 and gave it to me and told me and her dad to take the money and go to McDonald's for a date night. How cute is that?

So we got the boys in bed, put the baby in the truck, made sure dd13 was all comfy in her room, and set off for our date. My plan was to go to McD's, get an ice cream cone and a coke for each of us and then go to a park to sit and talk while I fed the baby. That sounded like a calm, relaxing thing to do. Don't you moms agree? I love sitting and talking with dh alone (Baby doesn't count, we are still alone when we are with Baby, as far as I am concerned).

We went to McD's, got our food and drinks. Then dh wanted me to call my dad. Dad is our Construction Manager for our home we are building. We had some questions for him about the driveway. Well, I got on the phone with him and was just talking away, then I noticed that we were parked in dh's friend's driveway.

While I was talking and drinking my coke and not paying attention, dh had driven to his friend's house and was planning for us to go inside to hang out with them. They are wonderful, nice people and I love hanging out with them, but I was planning a nice time of talking ALONE with my sweet hubby.

So, instead of going into the house and being sweet to everyone, I told dh to take me home!
Not only did we end up arguing about this, we were rude and drove out of the friend's driveway without going in to say Hi! Dh gave me the silent treatment the whole way home, and vice versa. We were very mature, weren't we?

We were at the friends' house Sunday and we told them what had happened. they didn't even realize we had pulled into their driveway. That is so funny because we sat in their driveway arguing for at least 10 minutes before we left. Plus, dh's truck is diesel so it is LOUD. I am so surprised they didn't hear us.

This is funny to me now, but at the time I was very disappointed because I wanted to sit and talk with dh and instead we ended up going home and going to bed mad at each other.

post signature

6 comments:

Nancy Face said...

You must have been so disappointed! I can understand why you needed your quiet alone time that night...everybody does sometimes, especially when you have a little baby! Good story...thanks for sharing it! :)

Annie said...

LOL!!! That corey! He's a stinker.
I tagged you, come and see.

ann said...

This sounds like several evenings I thought we had planned together - Jody and I - and in reality he had his own agenda the whole time! That's always the first thing I want when things go awry that way - TAKE ME HOME!
I am thankful for Jody - he has so many good qualities, I am able (most of the time) to overlook the others!
Sure am glad all my qualities are great! Yeah right!
In His Love and Blessings,
annb

KC said...

UGH.. been there done that.. I had one idea in my mind of how we were going to spend our free time together talking and he had other plans in his mind..
great ttt

HomeSchool Mommy said...

HaHaHaHaHa!!! I am laughing SO hard...OUT LOUD right now! This is hilarious!

Michelle said...

that was so sweet of your daughter to give you some of her bday money for you and Dh to go out on a date! Sorry the date didn't turn out like you had wanted though!