Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sorry About That!

Oh my goodness, I was so whiney yesterday morning! My day definitely got better. I got the upstairs floors sanded and re-finished, then I helped Dad all day on various things. Last night before we left, we cleaned and put one coat of finish on one set of stairs and all of the downstairs floors. We worked until 11:30 pm, so I am a wee bit tired, but I am very excited about the progress we made yesterday.

Today the heat and air will be completed and tomorrow the propane will be installed and all appliances hooked up. We will put a 2nd coat of finish on the floors before Dad leaves to go back to Oklahoma. Then we will be able to move in on Easter Sunday.

The shower in the master bathroom will not be completed when we move in and there are a few light fixtures that I have not picked out yet so we have little porcelain fixtures that just hold a bare bulb. But I can live with that until I find fixtures I like. The dining room chandelier and the entryway light fixtures are the ones I am having trouble finding. I have looked at Lowes and Home Depot. There is a store in town called Lone Star that has Texas/Western style fixtures and furniture and I am going to look there.

Tomorrow the youth group is coming 0ut to help pick up trash outside of the house. There is so much trash to pick up! The wind has blown stuff all over the 11 acres and probably into the neighbor's land as well. Hopefully we will have that picked up soon.

That's all for now! Have a great Thursday!

post signature

No comments: