Thursday, March 13, 2008

When I went to bed last night my house was pretty messy. The kitchen was especially neglected. I have been leaving the house every morning this week at 7:45 to take the boys to school and not getting back home until after 3:30 when I pick the boys up from school. We have been doing “carschooling” this week while we run all over North Texas running errands for my dad and my father-in-law as they finish up our house.

Last night I finished dd13’s school at about 10:30 and crashed. I was so tired that I fell asleep in my clothes. I just woke up when my alarm went off. I came into the living room and it looked rather clean. Hmmm…I turned on the light and it was definitely clean. Then I walked into the kitchen and was sure I was in the wrong house. Either that or someone broke into our house last night and cleaned the kitchen. Spotless. Floor mopped. All dishes done. Table cleaned off. Table polished. Piles of dirty laundry begging to be washed are gone. I am not sure where they are and I am not going to look.

I know my hubby didn’t do this because he took Benadryl last night and the last time I saw him he was snoring.

That leaves dd13 as the sneaky cleaner. Wow! What a HUGE blessing to wake up to a clean kitchen and living room. Oh, and did I mention that Mt. Washmore, who had been taking up the couch and spilling onto the floor, is folded?

I hope she didn’t stay up until wee hours of the morning working on this. But if she did, I feel even more thankful and grateful to her. What a sweetheart! I am super blessed and thankful and very loved!

Now, if it really wasn’t dd13 who did this wonderful thing, I have to figure out who exactly It was. I’ll keep you posted!



** Update** It was dd13 who cleaned up for me. She stayed up until 2:30 am cleaning!! She couldn't find the mop (??) so she scrubbed the kitchen floor on her hands and knees!! AND she has arranged for the youth group from our church to come out to the new house and do a major cleanup the day before we are scheduled to move in (which is now March 22, btw). What a sweetie!!

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Maybe the house-cleaning fairy can come visit my house! :)

What a thoughtful thing for her to do. I love when kids realize that they can make a difference.

Anonymous said...

I miss the days that Amanda would swoop in and make a mess disappear! She is much too busy now :(
What a wonderful blessing!

burrsmom said...

Our children are our mirrors and reflect what we have taught them, good or bad. That she was so thoughtful, shows what a great person you are!! I am really impressed with her!

burrsmom said...

Our children are our mirrors and reflect what we have taught them, good or bad. That she was so thoughtful, shows what a great person you are!! I am really impressed with her!