Thursday, November 29, 2007

My cell phone has been misplaced. This happens often, if you can even imagine that. Who me, be disorganized and lose stuff...all...the...time?

So my cell phone is my alarm clock. No cell phone=no alarm clock=waking up late.

I woke up late with a sore throat. I felt so tired I was about to cry. Some of that may have just been the fact that I am extremely emotional these days. So anyway, I asked dh if he could get the kids ready and take them to school while I went back to bed. Of course he said yes because he is a darling hubby (and also because he got home from work last night at 10 pm so he could go in a bit late today).

I went back to bed and the next thing I knew light was flooding into my room and it was 8:00. I haven't slept until 8 in a long time. I feel much better. I got up and drank some hot choffee (1/2 hot chocolate, 1/2 coffee) and my throat feels better now. I am still in my jammies and have not done anything else, but I feel optimistic and hopeful this morning.

Did I mention that we are moving in 3 weeks and I will not have a computer until February??
Yes. No computer until February.

Here's the deal:
We are building a house and it should be ready to move into by February. BUT, I am tired of paying rent and utilities here and I am also tired of the neighborhood children who are bad influences on my children and are acting inappropriately. So our solution is to move out to our land and live in my dad's and my father-in-law's campers. 2 campers. 9 people.

I first thought of this because I discovered some inappropriate things going on between my 13 year old daughter and a neighborhood boy. Not THAT bad, but boyfriend/girlfriend stuff that I don't' approve of. Then I discovered there is some boyfriend/girlfriend stuff going on between my 9 year old son and a girl in the neighborhood. The neighborhood kids I am talking about happen to be brother and sister and come from a very dysfunctional home. I feel sorry for them. I want to be a good example to them and show them what a loving Christian family looks like. I want them to have good role models and be blessed by my family. But what is happening is that my kids are following their example instead of the neighborhood kids following our example. Does that make sense?

Momma will go to great lengths to protect her babies from negative influences, so we are moving. Before you think I am crazy, just remember that we are going to move anyway, I am just getting us out of here a bit sooner. Dh thinks it was his idea. He loves it.

We are busily working out the details and trying to pack our belongings. I need to be working on that right now, but here I am typing this post.

I have a huge list of things to do today and I want to share them with you. It makes me happy to share my lists with you.

Morning Routine
Bible and Prayer ( didn't wake up and do this today)
Wash hands
Contacts in
Brush teeth
Shower
Get dressed
Fix hair and face
Breakfast and vitamins
Help kids get ready for school (dh did this one)
Take kids to school (this one too)
Clean up bathroom
Gather up all dirty laundry and take to kitchen
Sort it
Start it
Unload then load dishwasher
Make bed
"A" items on To Do list

Daily Chores
feed pets
clean kitchen countertops
sweep kitchen floor
clean kitchen sinks
Sweep porch/entryway
Read to kids
4 loads by 4 (laundry)

To Do List
order vitamins
call someone to do septic system
call someone to do sheetrock
sort, weed, pack stuff
work on craft project w/kids
get nieces' addresses
call Lowe's to get bid on insulation
put cash into envelopes

There you have it. That is what my day looks like. I am going to get started now.
: )

post signature

3 comments:

ann said...

Wow! I will definitely keep you in my prayers regarding your temporary living arrangements. My brother and his wife actually did this while their house was built, although they lived in a horse trailer. My brother's horse trailer is something to be envied - air conditioning and all - but it was still a horse trailer! They felt like their house would be done quicker and with them on site the contractors would do a much better job. It worked for them - no kids, just the two of them. I have no doubt you will make your living arrangements work, too. It really is hard to shield your kiddos from outside influence and I would think much harder when you live in a neighborhood. I have really only lived in a neighborhood - rather than in the country - for a short time when Elizabeth was really young. I know you're going to be so happy when you're able to move into your new home!
In His Love and Blessings,
annb

Natalie said...

Love you, Sis.

It will be a great adventure that your family will treasure for years to come. Maybe not always when in the midst of it, but afterwards for sure.

Michelle said...

I don't blame you for moving earlier than planned with what is going on - plus it will save you money on the rent and utilities for the place where you are now.