Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Today I am helping my hubby with a few things. I am going to Lowe's to pay for the shower for the girls' bathroom (new house). Then I am working on our budget, paying bills, etc. I am going to get the clean laundry folded and put away then work on packing. I consider all of these things to be helping him. He has been running the house since last Monday and it is time for me to get back to my job.

It is incredible how you can be going along, taking care of your family, living your life, and then WHAM out of nowhere something hits you and throws your life into crisis mode. That is what happened last week when I got the call that Megan had died. She took her own life. Laundry and dishes and cooking and cleaning up all of the sudden didn't matter to me.

Dh has been taking care of dinner each night so we have been eating macaroni and cheese with lil' smokeys, nachos, and waffles. : ) He is such a sweetheart and the kids love it when he takes over the cooking and grocery shopping. We have several kinds of sugary cereal and we also have strawberry syrup in the fridge for making strawberry milk. There is probably ice cream in the freezer but I haven't looked. These are all things that I don't normally buy, so the kids think it's great!

The laundry is clean and piled high on the couch. I just need to take the time to fold it and put it all away. For some reason, that is my least favorite thing to do. It is ranked down there with mopping floors.

Do you like my new signature? Annie must have changed it for me. Thanks, Annie!


post signature

1 comment:

Jenny said...

well, if your siggy is changing, I won't be surprised if I see a change over at my place. I love it when Annie decides to change and update it for me! she's great, huh?