Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Please pray for my family

We have had a tragic death in our family. Please pray for all of us, especially my sister Christina and my brother-in-law, Sean, and their 5 living children.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

He heals the
brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they
comfort me.

My
comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

May your unfailing love be my
comfort, according to your promise to your servant.

Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD
comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,

to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.


post signature

5 comments:

Annie said...

I'm praying...

Humphrey Hot Spot said...

i am so sorry - we will keep you in our prayers
love to all

Jenny said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. You are in my prayers!

burrsmom said...

You are in our hearts and prayers. May God hold you in his arms.

Michelle said...

I am so sorry to hear about this tragic news...how heartbreaking. Will be keeping you and your family in my prayers for peace, strength, and healing.