Friday, January 11, 2008

Beauty in the Common Things: the smell of smoke from a neighbor's chimney
Listen In: Baby and Baby Girl talking, Jonathan Park CD blaring from dd13's bedroom, Barney on in the living room
Supper Plans: Chicken and Rice Soup, cornbread sticks, simple salad
Today I Plan To: um...maybe I will take down my Christmas tree and decorations! (One year we just left it up and made it a Valentine's tree)
I am also going to get the basic house maintenance stuff done and have some fun cutting out and organizing coupons. Is it a sign of my age that I think it's fun to cut out and organize coupons?
View From the Kitchen Window: sunshine


post signature

2 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't taken down the Christmas stuff yet!

I've never heard of cornbread sticks. I do know the BEST recipe using Chicken and Rice soup, though!!! You use a family size can, a 3 oz box of Mexican velveeta (if you don't like spicy, you can use regular instead of Mexican), small can of chopped green chiles, can of canned chicken (or any type of chicken, it's just easiest to open a can for this). I just put all that in a crockpot or on medium on the stove. It's AWESOME. We don't eat anything with MSG anymore, so we don't eat canned soups. I'm trying to figure out a good recipe to make that soup myself.

Anyway...have a great weekend!

Annie said...

I remember the valentine tree!