Friday, January 25, 2008

Do you want the good news or the bad news first?

Okay, here is the good news. The good news is that I love my kids and my husband, we have food, shelter, and clothing, we will be moving into our new home very soon, and my menu plan for this week is going very well!

The bad news is that my house is an absolute wreck. The dishes get done every day. The laundry gets washed every day. The beds get made every day. The toilets get cleaned, sinks cleaned, trash emptied every single day!!! But the house is still an absolute train wreck!!!!

Whew, I feel better after "screaming".

This is what I plan to do this weekend to sort of get back on track:

The Basics

Laundry- get completely caught up

Meals- continue following menu plan- No fast food!!!

Dishes- keep them caught up- no slacking on this

Floors- sweep/mop all the floors

A clean chair/clean couch for dh to sit on in the living room- this is a big deal to him

Clean master bathroom

Make myself a hair/wax appt.

I also plan to begin painting the new house this weekend. Dh wants to rent a paint sprayer, but my dad says those use way more paint (than using a roller) and don't do as good of a job. ??? It's dh's house so we will probably be doing it his way. : )

Add to this the fact that I just called the lumber yard to get my account balance and it was $4,000.00 more than I had budgeted. All of these things (chaotic house + $4000 issue) =STRESS. I feel sick. I really hate money issues. And I really hate a messy, filthy house.

I know we will be fine. But I still feel sick about it. $4,000.00 is a lot of money for us and money doesn't grow on trees, so there is a problem. I am waiting for the lumber yard people to email me a detailed list of my account. Hopefully they made a HUGE mistake.

post signature

2 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Hopefully they made a $4,000 mistake!

My dad does work like yours and he, too, says not to use a sprayer. Of course, it takes him about an hour to paint an entire room perfectly, so it's not as hard for him to use a roller/brush.

Annie said...

Yikes... 4000!!!
I look at it this way... your house will probably be a pit until you move because of all the back and forth of it all. You'll empty it out to move and then start fresh in a new clean big house that everyone has space to put their stuff and it will all work out perfectly. So... don't worry about it. Just keep the basics done and don't stress about the rest.
I did 20 min on the treadmill this afternoon at 3.5. It was a good little walk let me tell you :o)!