Friday, January 04, 2008

Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

But let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Psalm 5:2-3, 11-12

Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor.

Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men.

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.

Do not swerve to the left or to the right.

Proverbs 4:6-9, 14, 23-25, 27

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said, “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God and they will be my people.”

“Therefore come out from them and be separate,” says the Lord. “Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters.”Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

2 Corinthians 6:14, 16b-7:1

These are the verses I underlined in my Bible this morning as I read. I wanted to share them with you.

post signature

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh Julie, I needed these today! I spoke them out loud as I read, and hope they've rooted in my spirit. Thank you for sharing!!