Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Change of Plan

I know, I know, I know, I told you all about The Best Life Diet and how it made so much sense and all of that. But then, I went to Bob Greene's website last night to join the online thingy. I ran into some problems. First of all, they do not accept debit cards. I don't know how they would know if it was a debit card versus a credit card, but they made it very clear that they do not take debit cards, only credit cards. The second thing was a questionnaire that I had to fill out to join. It asked, "Are you pregnant or nursing?" Well, yes, I am nursing. It told me that I can't join the online thingy because their diet is not for nursing moms. That doesn't make sense to me because the diet is healthy and balanced and it will work for everyone, nursing or not.

So, I headed over to weightwatchers.com. I have done Weight Watchers online in the past and it worked for me. But, in the past, they did not have a program for nursing moms online. Now they do. And, they take debit cards. So I joined WW online. I am excited about it. And I can still follow the Best Life diet guidelines if I want to. It is all about being healthy and both of those plans are healthy and balanced. Plus, I love the fact that I get extra points for the activity I do! : )

I signed up for 3 months and if all goes well I will keep going month-to-month after that. One blog that I have read for a couple of years that is very inspiring is www.weightwatchen.com
It is the online journal of Roni, a new mom, who lost 70 pounds doing Weight Watchers. She is amazing! It is always encouraging to read her blog. I especially love her menus and recipes, and also her food finds. You HAVE to look at her pictures!! The whole website is great!

I plan to put a graph in the sidebar to show my weight loss progress and also put pictures of my weight loss journey, like Roni has done. Of course, I won't post any pictures or weight loss progress until I have actually made some progress and I have something to brag about. : )

Yesterday our cleaning and laundry did not happen. I'm not sure what happened, but I know the house is not clean and the laundry is still in dirty piles. Add to that a friend who showed up to spend the night and when her mom dropped her off she said, "I'll see you Thursday!" Huh??

Anyway, I hear Baby Girl crying and Baby is hungry, so I had better go!







post signature

2 comments:

ann said...

I think you should get extra points for all the activity you do daily - mothering seven children has to burn a lot of calories! You must stay busy and moving all the time!
annb

Annie said...

It seems like the 'diet' bug is really catching right now... wonder why? I guess I'm just more aware maybe. Did you get your stuff listed? I am going to check next.
I still want to read the bob green book.
Can't wait to see those progress pics.