Monday, February 04, 2008

Friday I chose to go to Mardel and then to eat with my sweet hubby. We had fun and it was a relaxing morning and afternoon. Dh works about 40 minutes from home and Mardel is an hour from home, so I was gone from about 10:30 until 3:00. Then it was time to pick up the boys from school.

Before I left, I emptied and filled the dishwasher and started a load of clothes in the washer. It wasn’t much, but it helped. When I got home, I had a mess to face, but it was okay. My husband really encouraged me to not worry about the mess right now. He says the same thing Annie says- Just do the basics right now and survive until we get into the new house. He is pretty laid back about the condition of our home. After a few days, the mess gets to me, but he is very relaxed about it.

Saturday I painted the new house all day. Ds9 went with me and really helped me a lot. We had fun together! Dh brought the other kids out a couple of times and I fed the baby and then he took them back home so I could get back to painting. I enjoyed seeing the rooms take on a "personality". Going from white sheetrocked walls to a warm, rich color made a huge difference. It is beginning to look like home!

Today I have been painting again. I have had Baby Girl and Baby in the pack-n-play with toys while I paint the kitchen. We came back into town to pick up ds5 from pre-k and now we are home for a few minutes eating lunch. We are going to spend as much time out there as Baby can handle. I really want to get those walls painted! Dh wants the painting completed before the wood floor gets installed. My dad is on his way down here to do the floors right now as I type so I had better hurry up and paint!

Have a great week!

post signature

2 comments:

Annie said...

I imagine it looks so pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

Dad and the floors... I worry about his back and hope he won't overdo it.

I can't wait to see all the pretty colors you've chosen. :)