Thursday, February 21, 2008

It is rainy and dreary here today. I have been to the paint store to get more stain for the wood trim in the new house. Yesterday I accidentally bought 2 gallons of the wrong color stain so this morning I took it back. They didn't have the color I need so this afternoon at 2 they will have it and I have to go back and pick it up.

Then I need to run to Lowe's and order our floor tile, bath tile, linoleum for kids' bathrooms, and Formica for cabinet tops. I am also thinking of ordering some glass tiles for behind the oven/stove area.

I have 3 kids down with this flu or virus that we have been passing around. Dd13 is beginning to improve, ds9 woke up with a fever this morning, and ds5 had a fever yesterday when I picked him up from Pre-K. Yuck! So far I just have allergy symptoms...itchy, watery eyes and nose, scratchy throat, sneezing. No fever. I feel pretty good, considering. Dh has also managed to stay healthy.

Dh's boss has been here all week from California. He has been working late all week. Last night he got home after 10 and the 2 nights before that he was home after 9. I am ready for him to be home at a normal time again! 5:30 is his norm.

Papa (Dad) was supposed to go home today because he has a wedding to be in tomorrow night, but the roads in OKC are icy so he has to stay here another night. And he can't even come over and visit with us because the kids are sick! He will have to spend another night out in the camper by himself. This house project is almost over and he will get to go home and stay home. I'm sure he and Mom will both be glad to see the end of this project. It has been 7 months so far. By the time we are completely finished I think it will be an 8-month project. He hasn't been here the whole time, but he has done quite a bit of traveling back and forth. Lately, he has been here all week and then he goes home for the weekends and is back on Monday morning.

That's about it for an update.

Have a great Thursday!

post signature

No comments: