Saturday, February 16, 2008

This morning I awoke to a houseful of puny children. 6 out of 7 children have some mysterious illness that mimics the flu. I guess it could be the real flu, but it resolves itself in 3-4 days, whereas the true flu takes a couple of weeks to get over, in our experience.

The first symptom is itchy, watery eyes (which, unfortunately, I have this morning)

Then an itchy throat

Then burning, hurting eyes- the eyeball and eye socket

Followed by high fever, lethargy, and body aches. Oh yes, and stomach aches that present themselves in a variety of ways. I will spare you those lovely details.

Yesterday Baby was the only healthy child. Last night he awakened with a fever and lots of crying. This morning B is the healthy one (although he is very cranky and precocious) and all of the other children are feeling the effects of this illness.

Daddy is out at the new house with Papa. Papa is painting the new cabinets (which are beautiful!) and Daddy is painting the interior of the house with a nifty spray gun thingy that his friend let him borrow.

I had great plans for today. I knew I would be dealing with some puniness, but I planned to get laundry finished up, floors vacuumed and swept, and trashcans emptied. But Baby has other plans for his mommy. Those plans include holding him constantly, alternating between rocking him in the rocking chair and walking around the room while holding him. I don’t mind, though. He is getting so big and active that I rarely get to just sit and hold him. The housework can wait a while. Maybe when Baby takes his nap I can get some things done.

I hope you all have a super Saturday and a sensational Sunday! (I couldn’t resist)

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are getting very close on the house! How exciting! We've escaped all the bugs so far, except Bailey who came home from school yesterday with a temp. He seems better today but is just snuggled in his room quiet.
Hope your Saturday and Sunday are superb also!