Monday, February 11, 2008

Making Our Home A Haven~Tackling the Laundry and Menu Plan Monday

Crystal, at Biblical Womanhood, has issued a challenge to tackle our laundry today. I desperately need this challenge! I, like Crystal, find it very easy to run the laundry through the washer and dryer. Then I pile it in baskets or on the couch, thinking I will fold it later. Later passes me by and the laundry stays on the couch. This happens several days in a row and we have a huge mountain of laundry that takes up the entire couch. We have to fish our clean laundry out of the pile and we also have to sit on the floor. It's a problem!

I am going to work on tackling our laundry today, even though it is already 2:19 pm and I have to pick up boys from school in an hour. I can still tackle it, right? My goal is to get all of the clean laundry folded and put away. There is a load in the washer and a load in the dryer that I want to finish up, too. And, last, but not least, I want to gather up all the dirty laundry and sort it all into baskets/hampers.

This past week was a crazy hectic week! My dad was down here working on the house and my in-laws were here working on the house as well. Lots of progress was made. One day we had people working on the wood floors, me painting, kids running around outside, Baby in the pack-n-play watching me paint, someone installing the garage door, the plumbers installing the aerobic septic system, and the people from the electric company putting in the permanent electricity to the house. I think my father-in-law was also working on electrical stuff in the house that day. It was CRAZY!! But fun!

Laundry just didn't make it high on the priority list last week. Today it is going to be very high on my priority list.

Monday:Cheeseburger Pie, green beans, fruit cocktail
Tuesday:Baked Penne Pasta, Spinach Salad, Garlic Cheese Toast
Wednesday: Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder, Spinach Salad, Cornbread
Thursday: kids' dinner party with mom and dad= heart-shaped pizzas, heart-shaped brownies with caramel and pecans, some kind of special drink; Mom and Dad's romantic dinner after the kids go to bed= T-bone steaks, baked potatoes, sauteed asparagus, Happy Valentine's Dessert Trifle
: )
Friday: Tuna Pasta, orange slices
Saturday: leftovers

post signature

4 comments:

Annie said...

I figured you were busy busy with house stuff! We were going to come down to see thurman last weekend until I realized matt's fam was coming for the bdays... so maybe in march! I can honestly say the only laundry is washing as I type! I did laundry last week and kept it up and put away all weekend. This is going to be a busy week! How did all the colors look when you got them on the walls? The "old" :) treadmill is working fine. I have been too busy to use it the last couple of days, but hope to get on it tonight while we are hanging out because we did therapy with Iz early... okay, long enough comment.

Anonymous said...

I need to follow your example and get it together with the laundry. I have 2 baskets filled to the brim with clean clothes that need to be put away.

Anonymous said...

It's me again. I need to figure out how to sign in to Blogger when commenting so the right blog shows up. That's the peril of having 200000000 blogs. :)

burrsmom said...

I cannot remember what my house sounds like without the washer or dryer going. The only thing that keeps me on top of the clean stuff is how much I dislike ironing! Now my laundry is folded and sorted into piles and put into the correct rooms. From there, I know nothing...