Thursday, August 03, 2006

Gigi's Day and Weight Watchers Progress

Today is already "one of those days."
One of those days where I wish I could...
-go to Starbucks alone
-send my kids to school
-or at least take them to a friend's house all day till bedtime
-go back to bed
-lie in bed all day watching TV and pretending I don't have any responsibilities

I woke up late (surprise, surprise), with ds3 whining that he was hungry, and the other 3 boys hollering in the front yard because both dogs were out of the fence. I turned over and tried to go back to sleep. It didn't happen.

Last night was a slight disaster. We were out of dishwasher tabs, so there are dirty dishes from yesterday's lunch and dinner in the kitchen. The kids and dh watched Spiderman and I took the baby to the park so no one cleaned up the dinner mess. We ate dinner on a pallet in the living room while watching the movie. Baby knocked over her plate, then stepped on my plate, then spilled dh's macaroni, so that's when I took her to the park and let the older kids watch the movie with dad.

We had lots of fun though, so who cares if the kitchen is a mess and I slept in today, right?

Today I am going to write out our actual day. I have it all planned out, but today you get to see the reality of my life. Enjoy.


My Thursday
Town Day

Morning Routine
**I did not even hear dh this morning; I was sleeping like a rock
**No cardio this morning because I did cardio for 45 minutes last night
**No shower this morning
8:30 woke up to ds3 whining for breakfast and other boys outside yelling at dogs.
got out of bed, fixed breakfast (oatmeal with maple syrup and blueberries), then worked on blog while children did Chorepacks

tore myself away from the computer and got dressed, fixed my hair and face, and made my bed.

Then we had Bible Time while Baby Girl screamed in her bed.We prayed that God would help us obey the first time we're told and that Mom would not lost her temper and yell.
-Character Building for Families, Obedience, Day 2

Yes, school did get done. It's amazing. We are just using the stuff we have at this point. But I figure we're a little ahead of the game, since most schools don't start for another week. I will hopefully have all of our materials by next week.
-ds6a and ds6b- K workbook
-ds8- Learning Language Arts Through Literature
-dd12- Saxon math for 30 minutes

11:24 am
Baby falls out of cabinet with coffeepot, breaking the glass. She is not hurt, but Mom is about to have nervous breakdown at this point and there is shattered glass all over the kitchen.

11:27 am
ds8 runs out of bedroom, yelling that dog is out of yard again. The leash we had him tied up with is now apparently broken.

Read a few pages of Secret Garden

11:41 joyfully clean up glass while listening to ds3 scream at the top of his lungs that he needs another snakes (toy) and that he is scared (I knew we shouldn't have let him watch Spiderman).

Lunch (Chicken Pot Pie)
We have no lunch foods, so I am taking a dinner that we skipped last week (on menu) and making it for lunch today
ds3 helped me make lunch; he was so excited and it was fun!

12:36 pm Baby Girl is finally asleep for her morning nap; lunch WAS ready, but we discovered that the biscuits were soggy on the bottom so we turned the biscuits over and put it back in the oven.

12:57 Kids ate lunch and watched Dinosaur while Mom cleaned up and worked on computer

Errands to run:
Wal Mart
Pay rent for Aug.

3:50 pm got back from running to wal mart and to pay rent
listened to ds3 cry the whole time for a drink; gave him a drink and put him to bed
listened to dh tell me that I forgot to do something he apparently asked me to do and I didn't realize it
Wishing that dh could step into my shoes for a week or so and then see what he says about me forgetting things
nursed Baby Girl and now she is up and throwing a tantrum b/c I am on the computer and she is not

3:53 pm turn around as Baby Girl falls backward in kitchen chair onto tile floor
See goose egg and bruise on Baby Girl's head; make sure she's okay
Put her in playpen; order baby gate extension for kitchen gate

4:12 pm kids clean up so they can watch Sound of Music
10 minute Tidy
dd12-her bedroom; ds8-boys' bedroom;
ds 6b-living room; ds 6a-living room;
ds3-whine

DH, if you are reading this, tonight is a GREAT night for me to have the NIGHT OFF :)

Home Management Work for Mom
Put away laundry in Master Bedroom
4 loads by 4
Basic Maintenance
Clean Master Bathroom (floor and toilet)

Finish blog
Daddy Time
Supper Treasure Hunt Pasta Salad, Popovers
Bedtime Routines
Start dishwasher
Check calendar
Make To Do list
Lay out clothes for tomorrow
Brush teeth
Take contacts out
Bedtime! (10:00)- if I would get in bed at this time I would probably be able to get out of bed before 8!


Weight Watchers Progress
This is week 3 on WW and so far I have gained 7 pounds!
Seriously...I have been pretty careful about sticking to my points and I have been doing cardio about 5 times a week. My scale says I have gained 7 pounds. There is something wrong with this picture. I thought my scale was messed up because we moved and I thought maybe it got dropped or something. But the kids still weigh the same, so it's definitely not the scale.
I am not lifting weights so I know it's not muscle gain.
Last week and the week before, I was adding 10 points for nursing. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause me to gain weight. So this week I am not adding in those extra nursing points and I am trying not to eat my activity points. We'll see how this week goes.
Of course, my drug of choice is Dr. Pepper and also chili cheese tater tots. That could be contributing to my weight gain. But I have counted those points, so it shouldn't matter.
I'll let you know how I do this week.

No comments: