Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Things to do before I turn 30

I was rummaging around in my "Julie's Stuff" folder last night (on computer) and I found something I had written a while back.

Here it is...

I will turn 30 at the end of this year, so I thought an appropriate list would be
30 things to do before I turn 30
1. Lose 26 pounds-I plan to do this by joining weight watchers. Actually, that’s not true. I learned last Fall that simply joining Weight Watchers will not take the weight off. You have to FOLLOW THE PLAN. There’s the hard part for me-Consistency! So, I plan to join WW, follow the plan, exercise, and lose the weight. I also want to keep it off by making lifestyle changes. I type all of this as I drink my 3rd Dr Pepper for the day. Hmmm…
(side note: Now this number has changed from 26 to 38)
2. Grow my hair out to shoulder length-I have been doing the grow-it-out-cut-it-off-because-it’s-getting-on-my-nerves thing for 3 years now. This year, I am going to get through the it’s-getting-on-my-nerves stage and grow it out.
(my hair is officially shoulder length now!! One goal completed!)
3. Finish reading a list of books I made for myself-thing is, I lost the list, so I need to find the list first
4. Finish up every cross stitch project I have going
5. Cross stitch something for my own walls
6. Get Alex’s scrapbook up to date-she’s 11 and I am only up to her third year in her scrapbook
(She's now 12)
7. Buy the boys’ and baby's scrapbooks so when I get ready to use them, I’ll have them-By reading this, you may assume scrapping is a hobby of mine. I only scrap once in a blue moon. I think the last time I sat down and seriously scrapbooked was February of 2005. This explains why I am a little behind.
(I do have Baby's scrapbook now. Mom and Dad bought it for her birthday)
By the way, if I make each of my 6 children a scrapbook that they can take with them when they get married (not when they move out, only when they get married), what pictures will I have left for me and my hubby to look at?? I am going to have to make a scrapbook for us as well as for the kids. That’s a lotta scrappin’!(what if some of my kids never get married? i will let them have their scrapbook anyway :)
8. Read the Bible, the entire thing~I had better get moving on this one-Every year I make this a goal. I usually get through 2 Chronicles and then quit. This year I may start at Ezra and read from there.
(Don't think this is gonna happen but I will try anyway)
9. Make a master schedule and actually stick to it for the year-I am a scheduling wanna be, I make schedules, then make more schedules, etc., never actually sticking to them for more than a week.
(I no longer want to do this. I have come up with a system that works for me- a big to-do list for each day)
10. Take a trip to Mission, Texas, where we used to live
11. While we’re there, I’d like to drive over to South padre for a day or so
12. Okay, it’s really hard to think of 30 things I’d like to do. Does this mean I’m a boring person, or just pretty content with my life??


If I think of anymore, I’ll add them to the list.

4 comments:

eternity said...

Hi Julie, I would like to invite you to visit

http://www.newcreation.org.sg/resources/video/videomessage.htm

Natalie said...

Julie, I don't remember having a list of things to do before I reach a certain age. Maybe I did at one point but have forgotten. Not sure.

Anyway, I have a list of things I'd like to do after the kids are grown. :) It gets longer each year.

Julie said...

I am starting a list of things I want to do when we are settled in our new house. I love to make lists! I have tons of them on my computer. I am not so good at following through with them though...

Anonymous said...

What a great site Candid butt cleavage photos contact lens tips 2 acuvue dryer electric general manual Aqua queen waterbed heating pad 1st for beds 401k simple Levi coffin house Hardcore pussies Add concrete driveway url Claddagh bracelet http://www.netherlands-voyeur-sites.info Hair loss in los angeles italian brand name sofas Real time web cams big breasted lesbian sex Go to clips sex http://www.asian-girls-8.info/brown-lowlights-for-blondes.html vietnamese foot fetish