Saturday, March 03, 2007

Beauty in the Common Things: can't think of anything beautiful this morning :) I'm a little overwhelmed!
Listen in: six kids and a daddy talking at once
Supper Plans: not sure, something with ground beef
Today I Plan To: take Girl Scout cookie $ to Melody, mail Mom's books, build raised garden beds, grocery store, plant ds8's cabbage (school project), call in refill for ds6#2's inhaler, play catch up on house and laundry :)
View From the Kitchen Window: a sunny, windy day



This is my raised garden bed frame.



Here is the finished project! It is layered with newspaper, manure, humus, leaves, and then topsoil. You can see that there is an unfinished frame connected to the finished one. We are going to finish the other one next weekend. We're going to plant ds8's cabbage plant tomorrow.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Good morning Julie!
mine would be...
beauty/common things: breakfast casserole in crockpot, voile... breakfast is served!
supper: chinese take out! yea!
today: Don't know yet...
view: pretty sunny and windy

Hope you have a good day!
love,me

Julie said...

tell me the recipe and instructions for breakfast casserole in crockpot. that sounds easy and good!

Annie said...

1 bag (32 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes
1 lb. of bacon diced, cooked and drained or 1 lb. cooked ham, cubed
1 medium diced onion
1 green bell pepper diced
1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1 dozen eggs
1 C. milk
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper (more or less to taste)

Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese. Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.

Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together. Pour over the Crockpot mixture, cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours.

Christina said...

Your garden looks great! I bet it's gonna grow like crazy.

Julie said...

I hope so! :) I can plant my tomato plants on March 19 and the rest of my garden in mid April. I am looking forward to it. I'll post pictures when I get it all done!