Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Survival

Remember that journey I was on called Beyond Survival? Kim at Large Family Logistics started this bandwagon to help those of us who struggle with home management and she called it Beyond Survival.
Anyhoo, I have been following my routines the best I can and it has been going very well. The house is looking great on a regular basis and I am very happy with it.
HOWEVER, now I am 4 weeks away from Baby Time, and I am very very tired. So, I am reverting back to Survival. I will pick up Beyond Survival when Baby is about 6 months old. Maybe one year old.

Here is my Survival Morning Routine:
Wake up
Shower, get dressed, etc.
Help kids get ready for school, get their breakfast, etc.
Start laundry
Take them to school
Eat my breakfast, take vitamins and aspirin, feed little ones
Check blogs and email
Dishes
Switch laundry
Lie on couch until lunchtime

Survival Bedtime Routine:
Make kids do their bedfore bed stuff
Take vitamins
Get in bed

I did start After School Jobs for the kids and that is going really well. They are helping me so much.


Beauty in the Common Things: thunder
Listen In: silence
Supper Plans: I don't know yet. I need to make a menu for this week like Annie does. I missed Menu Plan Monday.
Today I Plan To: go to the library to get dd12 a book about Saving the Earth for her ecology report
View From the Kitchen Window: a wet, soggy yard

I decided to go ahead and make a menu for the rest of the week.
Tonight: Pizza Hut (tonight is fundraiser night for the twins' school)
Wednesday: Sticky Chicken, homemade bread, vegetable or salad
Thursday: Chicken Pot Pie, salad, corn on the cob
Friday: spaghetti, garlic bread, green beans or green peas
Saturday: leftovers or sandwiches



post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie!
Your layout is cute!


Amanda

Anonymous said...

Your survival plan looks great! Congrats on the baby coming!
: )

Kim Brenneman