Friday, March 16, 2007

Today is the last day of Spring Break. Am I sad about this? Not really. We didn't do any of the fun things I had planned this week, but we have gotten to spend LOTS of time together, just like the old days of homeschooling. I must admit I am looking forward to Monday.

Ds4 came down with a fever last night, then stomach pain, then a sore throat, and finally a headache. We just got back from the doctor and he has bronchitis and a cold. He has an array of prescriptions getting filled right now at the pharmacy. This means he will miss a much-anticipated birthday party tomorrow evening. He hasn't quite figured that out yet and I am dreading the moment he does.

I saw our first bluebonnets of the season yesterday! I am so excited about this. In 2005, we took bluebonnet pictures of the kids and then last year we were experiencing a drought so there were no bluebonnets to speak of. I am looking forward to taking pictures this year.


Beauty in the Common Things: Texas bluebonnets
Listen In: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (ds4 got to pick out a movie to watch)
Supper Plans: Hash Brown Soup
Today I... stressed out about ds4's illness, took him to the dr., and that's about it
View From the Kitchen Window: My van parked in front of the house, sunshine, my Spring flag blowing in the wind


post signature

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hey ...
Sorry Gabe is ill, that's no fun! I have so so so much to do in the front flower bed... Matt cleaned it out and it is just calling my name (but I'm ignoring it :) ) There are 10, yes 10 bags of mulch lying on the ground and two flats of pansies and shrubs ugh... Maybe tomorrow?
love, me
ps i just looked at caller id and saw you called, i was gone to get bailey from school.