Friday, March 30, 2007

My Garage Sale Dilemma

I drove by this GREAT garage sale this morning. All you could see was pink, pink stuff everywhere! Yes, this lady was selling all of her baby girl stuff, including an adorable baby girl crib set. I want it!!!! It has flowers on one side (not too flowery though, just a touch of flowery) and giraffe print on the other side. Now, you must know that giraffes are my favorite animals. So, I could decorate with giraffes for this little girl (if the baby is a girl of course). This is really the cutest bedding I have seen. The lady designed it and had someone make it for her baby who is now 10 months old. Why is she selling her 10- month old daughter's bedding? I have no idea. But I really want to buy it. Thing is, it's $50 and I don't even know if this baby is a girl or not. So I feel foolish and wasteful spending $50 on something I may or may not use. And I already have boy bedding and girl bedding, so I really don't need it. But the last baby I actually bought bedding for was dd12. Everything else has been given to me. For ds8's bedding I picked out the fabric and a friend made it. That is what I am going to use if the baby is a boy. It has a picture of a big teddy bear reading to all of the other stuffed animals in the nursery. It also has a giraffe or 2. Very cute!

But the baby girl bedding is SO CUTE!!!!!!!

What should I do?

She also has a car seat that looks like the one I was planning to buy next payday. Maybe I could get a bargain for the car seat and bedding. I was planning to spend $100 on the new car seat.

And the clothes! Oh, baby girl clothes are so cute. She has all Baby Gap, Gymboree, etc. I want to buy her out of all of it, but that wouldn't be smart, would it?

I am glad this is all I have to worry about this afternoon.

Beauty in the Common Things: baby girl clothes
Listen In: ds4 trying to figure out how to get the microwave door open
Supper Plans: spaghetti, salad, bread, green beans
Today I Plan To: clean up Baby Girl's mess that she made in every room of the house this morning while I helped dd12 with a school project, repack diaper bag and emergency bag in van, take ds6#2 to a birthday party at 6
View From the Kitchen Window: rain



post signature

1 comment:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I say BUY IT! It is highly unlikely that you will ever come across something you LOVE like this! You have a 50/50 chance of using it. IF you have a boy, you can turn around and sell the bedding. Do you ever buy/sell at "Just Between Friends"? You can DEFINITELY sell the bedding at that sale for $50! I'm a yard sale freak, so I say you talk her down from $50, even without buying the car seat.

As far as the car seat, I'm a certified Child Passenger Safety technician, so I'm big on NOT buying car seats from yard sales. You really need to know the history before you buy it, so if it's not your friend selling it...pass on it. If they had an accident with the car seat in the car, if it's been stored in heat or direct sunlight, if it's been recalled, etc. it's no longer safe to use.

Anyway...I love giving my opinion, so there you have it. :)