Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Today

Today I saw Nancy, one of my midwives. She is really sweet. Nothing exciting happened at this visit, which is a good thing at this point. I had to get a rhogam shot, she told me that baby is head-down and weighs a little more than 3 pounds, and everything looks great. I have 2 more 2-week visits and then I start going every week. Isn't that weird? I guess we're really going to have a baby and this isn't a dream. I honestly can't imagine having another baby in my house. I try and try to visualize what life will be like with one more and I just can't! I am not stressing about it or anything, and we are all very excited about this baby, but it doesn't seem real to me. I know when the first contraction hits, it will feel VERY real. Usually at this point I am super ready to have the baby and am already getting impatient. But this time I feel very content and very happy to just stay pregnant for a while longer. :)

We left the house at 7:30 this morning and got home at 3:45. I was pretty much running from place to place that whole time. First we took the kids to school, then filled up with gas, then stopped at Chick fil A and got a drink :), then took the kids to a friend's house, then rushed to see Nancy, then drove across town to get my hair cut, then back to get little ones, then drove an hour back to get the kids from school. Whew! I was so tired this evening that I just put my jammies on at 6 and crawled in bed. Dd12 had to get in bed with me to get help with her homework and I kept falling asleep. She didn't need help from me anyway, she just wanted to be in the same room with me. It's a very good thing she didn't need help because I was no help at all. I did manage to keep my eyes open long enough to watch American Idol and to write this update. Now I am going to bed.

Goodnight!

Oh, one more thing. Thank you for all of the baby name suggestions. However, we still have NOT ONE SINGLE NAME PICKED OUT FOR THIS CHILD. Just thought I'd put some pressure on you guys to keep thinking of names. You are going to have to name the baby because my brain has quit working properly and it is my husband's fault. You see, he thinks it is hilarious to get his pregnant wife upset by throwing out names like Belvedere and Poppy. I give up.

Goodnight again.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I told Amanda you were looking for a baby name...she said she was naming her daughter 'riley renea'...
She is obsessed with the middle name renea, everyone is renea...even boyfriend is andrew renea.
She said, "she should name her Natasha!"

Julie said...

I like the name Natasha. It sounds very close to Nadia though. What about Tasha? I have always liked that name. I think C likes it, too. I really like the name Amanda!! Amanda Renea.

Annie said...

Amanda would flip if you named her amanda renea!!!
We went and got her passport this morning! Took forever... I'm needing a nap... You need to move here. okay?