Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring Break!

This is Spring Break week for us. Spring Break is a new concept for my kids because, when we were homeschooling, we were always a little behind our schedule, so I never took a Spring Break. They are very happy to be getting a week off!

I made plans to do some fun things this week while they are home. I checked the forecast last night and discovered that it is supposed to rain until Thursday. So...that puts a damper on a few of my plans, but we can still have fun!

This is what I planned:
1. Farmers' Market- there is an awesome farmers' market about 30 minutes from us. People come from all around to visit this market. I want to go check it out with the kids.
2. Arboretum- like a huge park with beautiful flowers, a lake, picnic sites, fountains, etc. I have read lots of great reviews on this place.
3. Zoo or Aquarium- I have been debating on the zoo or the aquarium. We have not been to either of these. We have always visited another zoo that was closer to our previous residence.
4. Letterboxing- We were going to go letterboxing at several parks around our house this week. Don't know what letterboxing is? Check it out here.
5. I have several projects around the house that I want to get finished. Chore charts (our kids do very few chores now that they are in school and with this many people in the family, they need to help out more), make Brownie's memory stone (Brownie died in August and we are just now getting around to making his memory stone), Baby Girl's first handprint stone, de-cluttering projects in bedrooms.

It looks like the arboretum, letterboxing, and the zoo are out, if it continues to rain like the forecast says. We can still do the farmers' market, the aquarium, and the projects around the house.

I found 30 rainy day crafts here. If I am brave anough, we may do a few crafts. I am not a crafty person, so doing crafts is a huge stretch for me. Cross stitching and scrapbooking are my thing, but kid crafts are not.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Annie said...

OK I'll work on it tonight. I was going to tell you I would do your template for you. Matt wants me to start designing them. Just give me your info and I'll work on it.
love,me

Robin Green said...

I so related to your, "We never took a spring break because we were always a little behind!" comment. We are homeschoolers who haven't had a springbreak in many years. My kids are all going to school next year for the first time. One of the first things they thought of was that they would get a spring break. Enjoyed reading your blog--here by way of Annie!