Thursday, March 01, 2007

Beauty in the Common Things: smiles
Listen in: Baby Girl digging through my desk drawer
Supper Plans: Chicken Pot Pie
Today I Plan To: eat lunch with ds6#2, read Odd Girl Out
View From the Kitchen Window: bare trees

Baby Name Suggestions

We have not agreed on a name yet. We don't even have any names in the running. We haven't found one single name, boy or girl, that we even like.
HELP!!

Please give us suggestions. Dh wants the name to come after N; I really don't care where the name falls in the alphabet. I just want this child to come home from the hospital with a name.

I'm serious, send us lots and lots of name suggestions!!!

Leo
My sisters were right; I was wrong. We actually got Leo when I was 4, so that would have made him 28 years old on his upcoming birthday of March 9th. That also happened to be my Meema's birthday.

Just thought I'd clear that up.


Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gertrude....gerti for short!!!

Julie said...

uh...no! Who are you anyway, anonymous??

Anonymous said...

Okay...I'd give you a suggestion, but I might need the name(s) for my kids, as we are "planning" on having another 4-7 kids (we only have one right now). I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your site! I check it everyday...I find it very interesting to read about your day since you have a houseful of children.
By the way, this is Elizabeth (Annie's niece)

Anonymous said...

Thought I should clear up that I am NOT the same "anonymous" who left a comment about the name "Gertrude". I will sign my name to any comments I leave.
Elizabeth

Cheerful said...

I personally like the name Sage for a girl and William for a boy.

Anonymous said...

How about Annie for a girl? Or Matt for a boy?

Annie said...

Wow, that's ironic huh? Wonder who thought of those great names???

Julie said...

HA! You are funny! Nerd. Mattie is always an option. I did promise Matt I would name one after him. Mattie Anne, how sweet!

Hi Elizabeth! I love your name and it was one of our name choices for this baby, but then I remembered that we have 2 Elizabeths in the Jones family. They are both middle names, but I still think 3 Elizabeths would be a bit much. :)

I like Sage, but there is another baby names Sage at our church. I like William; I would call him Will.

Natalie said...

It's so hard to pick baby names, huh? I remember laboring over it, worrying that they'd grow up hating the name I chose.

You'll gradually whittle the list down & find one that you & C agree on. I'm glad you're not looking at names like Hazel, Coco and Apple. ICK!

The age thing with Leo would be easy to get mixed up. You were so young when we got him. It was Red that I got on my 2nd birthday - maybe that was what got you off track. :)

It'd be sort of neat if you kept the alphabetical order thing going. I hadn't thought the fact that they're named that way until just now. One of the families we grew up with had names beginning with A, B, C & D - and that's how the mom would sign cards from them - ABCD last-name.