Thursday, March 08, 2007

Beauty in the Common Things: the smell of freshly mown grass
Listen In: Ds8 and ds4 playing with Cars toys (Lightning McQueen, Doc Hudson, etc.)
Supper Plans: Taco Salad
Today I... took ds8 to the dr. (woke up wheezing and coughing, he does not have asthma, he has a viral respiratory infection), ate lunch with dd12, got oil changed, got prescriptions filled, got caught up on laundry, wished I was sleeping. Tonight I am going to take dd12 to Girl Scouts (if her homework gets completed :) get dh's oil changed in truck, go to library and sit alone for a few minutes with a book!!!
View From the Kitchen Window: droopy daffodils (I don't think they like the heat)



One thing I have noticed lately is that it takes me a long time to recover after a busy day of running around. So when I have 2 or 3 days of running around I really start to wilt. Yes, I have flowers on the brain.

Speaking of flowers, ds4 truly thinks we are naming this child Flower, if the baby is a girl. He is serious. Poor kid.

I recently purchased a CD series from Walk Thru the Bible/ Living on the Edge Ministries called House or Home? It is 8 lessons presented by Chip Ingram, president of Walk Thru the Bible and Living on the Edge. He is also the pastor at Santa Cruz Bible Church. Anyway, these lessons are so, so good. It is all about having a godly marriage and a godly home. Basically, the message is: "The world has gotten it all wrong and gotten everyone messed up. This is the way it is done God's way." I want to make copies of them and send them to everyone I know. I may do that. Watch your mailbox. You may get a package from me soon. :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

Well, if her name was flower you could die her hair black with a white stripe down the middle :)
Flower is sweet!
Hope you have more energy today. I tried to call you earlier and will try again when I take Amanda and pick up Bailey from track.
love, me