Saturday, April 07, 2007


Annie chose me as one of her 5 to give the Thinking Blogger award to. Thank you, Annie! Now it is my turn to nominate 5 bloggers who make me think.

First of all, let me tell you about my blog. I began this blog a little over a year ago. I really started it just for fun, for family and friends to read and see what was going on in our lives. Then it became more of an online diary for me. I like writing about my days and knowing that one day I am going to have my blog bound so I will have a hard copy of it . Instead of journaling in a “real” journal, I write on my blog. One day my children will have a record of my life (at least this small part of it) and they can read it. Hopefully they will laugh and learn from it! I enjoy reading other blogs, mainly to see how other people live and think.

The first blog I read and my absolute favorite blog is Large Family Logistics. Kim Brenneman, a mother of 8, is the owner and author of this blog. She makes me think and evaluate my home and life each time I read her posts. I first came upon this blog when my 6th child was a week old. Kim has given me so much godly advice through her writing, and I still read this one daily.

Annie’s blog always makes me think. Annie’s thoughts challenge me in several different areas. My spiritual life and the way I view God, scripture, and truth is the main area Annie makes me think. I also love her recipes and menus and all of that fun stuff! I have learned a lot from Annie over the years, most recently from her blog. Did I mention that we have been very close friends for 13 years? We met when my first child was almost born and her 2nd child was a couple of weeks old.

Natalie’s blog is another one I love to read! Nat writes about all kinds of different things, and they are usually things I would not have thought of if I had not read her blog. She is a very gifted writer and I love to read anything she has written. Natalie is my oldest sister and we have obviously known each other for a while.

You’re Doing What? is the blog of Melissa Nelson. I met Melissa through an online group of Christian moms called MOMYS (Mothers of Many Young Siblings). I met her a few years ago via MOMYS and then we emailed a few times. Then Melissa, her husband, and their 9 children moved from the city out to the boonies J and they started this blog to chronicle their adventure. I love reading about the challenges they have encountered and how they have learned step by step how to live this new life of theirs. I recently went back and read their blog from day one and it is so interesting and funny! You should check it out. Go back to the beginning to get the full story.

Organizing Junkie is a blog I found through Annie’s blog. I love this blog! Laura is the author of Organizing Junkie. She truly is an organizing junkie and is very talented in organizing her home and others’ homes. Laura makes me think about my home and the different ways I could organize this or that. I have never actually “met” Laura through comments or email, but I do enjoy reading her blog and she does cause me to think!

There you have it!



post signature

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hello! It is very nice to meet you. Thank you so much for your kind words. You have no idea how much it means to me to know others appreciate my blog. You are very sweet.
I love your design!
Laura (orgjunkie)