Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thank you, Annie!

I love my new look! Thanks, Annie! You're so sweet. And very good at fancy-ing up blogs. :)

Shredded Chicken Burritos

I made these burritos last night and they were very good. Here is the original recipe. I was rushing around yesterday morning trying to get out the door on time, and I forgot to put it all in the crockpot. So, when I got home, in the evening, I modified the recipe.

I put olive oil in the bottom of my cast iron skillet. Then I put 4 semi-frozen chicken breasts on top of that. I sprinkled about half a package of taco seasoning on top of the chicken and then put a can of green chilies on top of all of that. I covered the skillet and cooked the chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 30-45 minutes. I really am not sure how long they cooked. I just left them there for a while and came back to check on them periodically. At one point they seemed fully cooked, but not tender enough yet, so I let them cook longer.

I shredded the chicken and added the juice from the skillet to moisten them a bit. Then we ate the chicken on tortillas with cheese, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream. Yum!

Pregnancy Update

I saw Sue, one of my midwives, yesterday morning. It was another non eventful visit. Nothing exciting is going on to tell you about. Well, I am having prelabor stuff going on~ lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, backache, nausea, pelvic pressure, etc. Nothing major and nothing unusual for 38 weeks pregnant. I see Nancy next Wednesday and maybe by then something exciting will be happening...like, labor!

This morning I returned some books and videos to the library. Ds4 wanted to put the videos in the outside book drop, so I told him he could. Then I realized he didn't have shoes on. I carried him over to the book drop and held him so he could put the videos into the drop. When I got back in the van I noticed a sharp pain in my right lower abdomen. By the time I got to Braum's (needed to get milk, eggs, and bacon for Breakfast Casserole for dinner) I was in lots of pain. I got my stuff and started to walk out the door to go back to the van. I literally could not move. It hurt so bad to even take a step. I managed to hobble back to my van and crawl in. I sat there for 10 minutes or so, trying to relax so the pain would stop. I felt like my tummy was ripping apart.

Anyway, I finally relaxed enough that I could drive home. I got home, parked in the driveway and suddenly I was paralyzed with pain again. It was bad. I couldn't get out of the van. So I was just sitting there in the driveway crying. I called Corey to come home and get me into the house. He has a 30-minute drive from work to home, so I planned to just sit there until he got home. Then I decided that was not a good plan, so I drug myself into the house and crashed until he got here.

He's here now and I am resting. Nancy, one of my midwives, thinks I pulled something (ligament?) and she told me to lie down all day with a heating pad. So that is what I am doing.


post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, just what you needed huh?
Hope you feel better soon
Glad you like your blog.
♥ me

Annie said...

i tagged u

Michelle said...

Hi Julie! I wanted to thank you so much for your comment on my blog earlier this week. I couldn't find your email so I hope you don't mind me leaving a long comment :)

Thanks for sharing your story with me - wow it's amazing how fast your family grew after your earlier frustrations with TTC! Congrats to you on the upcoming birth of your baby too - how exciting! Your story does give me hope, so thank you!