Friday, April 27, 2007

Another Baby Update
My mom is on her way down here to stay with us for the weekend, and maybe until the baby is born. Hopefully that will happen this weekend!

I have been having lots of contractions but nothing too serious. The contractions are not very strong and they are not very close together or consistent. They are stronger and more painful than Braxton Hicks contractions though.

I have been reading birth stories online. I want to write out my birth stories so I will have a record of them for my children but I am not sure if I want to put them on my blog. Putting my birth plan on my blog was a big deal to me because it is so intimate and graphic. A birth story is even more graphic and intimate than that. A few y ears ago I would have written out my birth plan and birth stories and shared them with whomever wanted to read them, but it seems as I get older that I am way more modest than in the past. When I think about some of the things I have said and shared with people in the past it shocks me! :)

Summer Survival
Today my children are out of school. It is a snow day that wasn't used. Having them here all day makes me fear the summer. Seriously fear the summer. I probably should start praying about this now and hopefully God will give me wisdom on how to handle 7 kids home all day every day for 2.5 months.

I searched "summer survival form moms" (because we all know the children will survive, it's me I'm worried about) and I found this cute article. I have only read the first few paragraphs, but I like it so far. I like that it stresses that moms need to savor the moments of summer. I know summer can be a fun, sweet time for our family. I just need to figure out how to control the chaos, for the most part, add some fun activities here and there, and keep the peace between siblings.

Prayer
Will you please pray for the birth of this baby to be uncomplicated and "normal"? I do not want any surprises. I am also praying that the baby will be born in God's perfect timing. At the same time I am praying that God's perfect timing will be this weekend. :)
Please pray that the other children, especially Baby Girl, will adjust to Baby without a lot of problems. When Baby Girl was born, ds4 was 2 years old. He had a very hard time with anger toward me. He wouldn't let me near him for a few days, and then he still had anger toward me for several weeks. It hurt my feelings, but he got over it and everything was fine. Baby Girl is such a drama queen already. I hope she doesn't add more drama and tears to her already dramatic personality.
Dh is taking one week off after the baby is born. I am nervous about him going back to work and leaving me here with a newborn, a toddler, and a preschooler. I am mostly concerned about the toddler. She is hard to manage anyway, without a newborn to take care of as well.

Can you please pray about all of these things? I know God is able to take care of all of these concerns I am having. And I know He cares about every detail of our lives.

Beauty in the Common Things:Spring sunshine
Listen In:Boys talking and playing, Baby Girl saying "hurry, hurry"
Supper Plans:Beef Gyros
Today I Plan To:Try to hold on till Mom gets here, then rest and relax while she and dh take over

post signature

3 comments:

Annie said...

I'm sending up prayers now for you and baby and all the others too! I can't wait to hold the little bundle!
love you!

Michelle said...

Keeping you in my prayers and praying for easy labor vibes too!

Haley said...

I'll be praying for you! I found you through annie's blog. Hope all goes well with the birth. :-)

~Haley