Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Strep Throat and An Update On My Life

I spent the morning and afternoon at the doctor's office and then the hospital with Baby Girl. Basically, she was up all night again with a high fever, then this morning seemed to be even worse, so I called her pediatrician. The nurse said to bring her right in.

Our pediatrician sent us over to the hospital to have all of Baby Girl's labs done. We spent 4 hours there getting blood drawn and getting a urine sample. It turned out to be strep throat. No urinary tract infection and no other infections. I am so thankful it is something that is easily treated and that we caught it fairly early.

Tomorrow morning I am taking ds6#1 and ds4 in to the pediatrician's office to get their throat tested for strep. They had a 24 hour thing that included high fever, sore throat, and vomiting. The dr. said they could have had step throat and it could have spread to another part of their bodies. I would rather be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to my children's health. My sister knew a boy in her high school who died from a strep infection that started in his throat and spread to another part of his body. Since hearing that, I have taken strep infections very seriously.

I missed my midwife appointment and my ultrasound this morning. I rescheduled the ultrasound for Friday and I am just going to skip the other appointment. I am going to get tested for strep on Friday just to be sure I don't have it. Today I have had a sore throat, but I dismissed it as allergies. I would hate to have strep throat and go into labor while sick. So I am going to see the dr. so we can treat it early, if I do have it.

Hopefully our family life will improve in the next few days. It has been a stressful week! And it's only Wednesday! My parents want to come down to visit us this weekend. That will be wonderful! I really hope no one else is sick and they are able to come down. My dad hasn't been to see us since we moved here last July. We haven't seen him since Christmas and we haven't seen my mom since early January.

I am excited about watching American Idol tonight. My sister Christina and I have decided that we need to get a life because we get so excited about American Idol. ha ha

But then we decided that we do have lives, very busy ones in fact, and we can watch whatever the heck we want and get excited about American Idol if we want to. So there ; )


post signature

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'm glad you found out what was causing the sleepless nights, now she can get well! Hope the others don't have it (or you).
♥ me