Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Monday!

Hi everyone,

I am glad it's Monday! I feel like I have lots to catch up on around here after our weekend. It wasn't a busy weekend, but we can make messes very quickly, especially when all 6 kids are home for 2 days. They clean up their stuff but the house still looks like a tornado hit it. I feel like a "stuff bomb" went off in our house!

I can't believe our baby is due in 6 days. Wow! He or she will be here very soon. I have to keep telling myself that this pregnancy can't last forever. The baby has to be born sooner or later, hopefully sooner. : )

I have been having contractions since Friday evening. They are not regular and they are not strong enough to count as real labor. But, they hurt! I have heard of women being in labor for days, even a week, and I wonder if this is what they experienced. I don't feel like doing a whole lot, and I want to be at home, but I know this is not true labor yet. My husband is getting more impatient than I am. Our 4 year old was born 2 weeks early, so we think every baby should be 2 weeks early now. Baby Girl was 2 days early. Dd12 was 8 days late and ds8 was born on his due date, or maybe 2 days early. I can't remember.

With dd12 I tried the old castor oil method to try to make myself go into labor. That was not a good idea. It did not make me go into labor. In fact, I was hoping I didn't go into labor because I was so miserable. My mom says she tried it with one of us and it worked. My aunt also says the castor oil method worked with one of hers. But I am not that desperate yet.

My midwives said they usually will let women go to 41 weeks, 6 days. That would be May 12th, which is a Saturday. I doubt they would induce on a Saturday, so they would probably want to do it on Friday, May 11th. That is my 5 year old niece's birthday. Ds8 and another niece (from the same family as the May 11th niece) share May 13th as their birthday. If I have to be induced I want it to be on Friday, May 4th or Monday, May 7th. Hopefully it won't come to that and this baby will arrive on his/her own in a few days.

Beauty in the Common Things:early Spring mornings
Listen In:Dragon Tales
Supper Plans: not sure yet
Today I Plan To:clean up house, do laundry, take a nap
View From the Kitchen Window: a misty morning


post signature

1 comment:

Mom Tu-Tu said...

Good luck! Hopefully you won't have to resort to the castor oil again!