Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Thursday, April 5

Beauty in the Common Things: Spring wildflowers
Listen In: the ceiling fan going really fast
Supper Plans: meatloaf, baked potatoes, broccoli
Today I Plan To: go to 3 Easter parties, pay bills, go Easter clothes shopping, close credit cards accounts that I paid off in March
View From the Kitchen Window: dark

An Update
Today I saw Brenda, one of my midwives. I think she is my new favorite. She is super sweet. She sat and talked with me and went over my birth plan for about 30 minutes. Everything was agreed upon except the external fetal monitoring. I requested to be monitored for 20 minutes maximum in the observation area and then no more. But it is hospital policy that they have to monitor me for 20 minutes in observation and another 20 minutes in labor and delivery. Ugh! I hate having that belt around my tummy. It makes it so difficult to relax and be sane through hard contractions. I have decided to make the best of it and use my birthing ball during that time instead of lying down in bed like I have in the past. Maybe being upright will help.

I asked her about inducing if I go past my due date, and she said the longest they let mothers go is 41 weeks, 6 days. That would be May 12th. I told her I am not comfortable going that far past my due date and I would probably want to be induced right at 41 weeks. She agreed to that, so we know this baby will be here by at least May 6th! Of course, I am not planning to go past my due date at all. We'll see if Baby has a different plan. ;)

I borrowed a Moses basket with a stand today from my friend, Jill. It is so cute and I am excited to have it. I have never had a Moses basket and I like the idea of taking it from room to room with me if I want to. With the stand, it looks like a bassinet, but it has handles and it lifts off easily. I will take a picture of it and post it soon.

The baby is doing great. The heartbeat is normal, I am measuring within normal range, and I lost 2 pounds this past 2 weeks. That makes me happy because it means I am getting closer to birth day. I always lose weight the week or two before my babies are born.

I still feel patient and content. There are times when I wish this whole thing would hurry up and be over, but they are few and far between. I am trying to focus on the children I have right now and enjoy time with them and with my hubby. Last night we went on a mini-date to Chili's for dessert. It was very relaxing and we got to talk about nothing in particular. Actually, we talked about blogging and the different blogs I read. He wanted to hear all about it. Isn't that sweet? He really is the nicest, most loving husband and daddy in the world. :)



post signature

2 comments:

Annie said...

I tagged you, come see.

Arlene said...

Congrats on your pending arrival :-) Pregnancy wasn't much fun for me. I had partial placenta previa both times, and pretty much couldn't wait for it to be over so I could be off bedrest :-)
I've never heard of a moses basket, and I can't wait to see pictures!