Monday, April 02, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

Today is going to be a restful, slow day. That is my plan, anyway! The only thing I need to do is check our infant car seat for an expiration date. Did you know they actually have a date that says "do not use after this date..."? We have used the same car seat for our last 2 babies. One is now 4 years old and the other one is 22 months old. I think we need a new car seat for this one, but dh doesn't think so. :)

***I checked the date and it is Dec 2007. Looks like we're not getting a new one.
Aren't there lots of factors involved to determine the safety of a car seat? This one has been stored in our shed (not climate controlled) between babies. The one I want to get is the one Consumer Reports rated the highest in their latest study. I know their study was recalled, but I want to follow the recommendations of that study anyway. The reason it was recalled is because the tests they did were done at a speed of 70mph. They were supposed to test the car seats at a much slower speed, 35mph, I think. It makes sense to me to test the car seats at 70mph since that is closer to the speed we actually drive on interstates. ***

Beauty in the Common Things: getting things accomplished
Listen In: PBS cartoons
Supper Plans: see Menu Plan below
Today I Plan To: see above
View From the Kitchen Window: a cloudy, windy morning




Monday: grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup
Tuesday: Chicken and Pasta with creamy sauce (crockpot), salad, rolls
Wednesday: Spinach Lasagna, green beans, garlic bread
Thursday: Meatloaf, baked potatoes, broccoli
Friday: Garlic Chicken Spaghetti (crockpot), mixed vegetables, rolls
Saturday: Chicken Fajitas, Spanish rice



post signature

4 comments:

Annie said...

I feel like a proud mama!
YEAH JULIE!!!!
We're off now to Bethany for botox, say a prayer for both of us :)
love, me

Laura said...

Hello and welcome to MPM!! So glad you have joined us. I LOVE your header....so cute!!!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Welcome to MPM! :o) Your menu this week looks yummy! Who can pass up grilled cheese and tomato soup?! Enjoy!

Rebecca R. said...

Soon to be mom of 7?! Congrats! I am stay home homeschooling mom to our 6 children, 8 1/2 yrs. down to 10 1/2 month old twins--all girls except the oldest! :-)