Friday, August 10, 2007

An Allergy

You can tell a little bit in the picture below that ds7#1 has a red, sort of puffy spot around his nose and eyes. Can you guys see that or is it just me?
Well, yesterday afternoon I noticed that his face was puffy in places, like an allergic reaction. This morning it looks really weird. His whole face is puffy and distorted. We had a similar thing happen when he was 3 or 4 years old. One morning he woke up and one side of his face and his ear were swollen and alien-looking. We took him to the dr. and she said it was an allergic reaction to something in the air. It looks like the same thing is happening now. I am going to give him Benadryl this morning and call the pediatrician this afternoon if he isn't better.
Sometimes I am so glad I didn't follow my dream of becoming a pediatrician! I would hate to have to look at little kid rashes!

post signature

4 comments:

Annie said...

I see it.
Did the benedryl help?
I think as mom's we have a full time job as pediatricians at home, but the pay isn't near as good! The good thing is we truly love our little patients.

Natalie said...

I can see it too. Is he feeling better? He looks so cute with his little tooth missing. I loved that you called so I could hear the big news directly from him! :)

Julie said...

He is not feeling better at all actually. He is feeling worse. It may be from 2 doses of Benadryl today though. Benadryl always knocks me out!
I found a little bite on his ear that is swollen and yucky looking. He said a bug landed on his ear a couple of days ago and he brushed it off, but he didn't feel a sting.
Strange, isn't it?
From the pictures I saw on the internet, it looks like poison oak.

Natalie said...

I'll be praying for him. Yuck! I hope the benadryl helps him rest (makes me sleepy too!) and allows his body to heal.

XXXOOO