Monday, August 20, 2007

The Last Week of Summer Vacation

Beauty in the Common Things: school
Listen In: ds4 asking where his wallet is
Supper Plans: burgers on the grill, pasta, rice crispy treats
Today we are going to: take ds4's shot record to pre-k, get the rest of the school supplies, figure out what school clothes the boys still need, visit with my dad (he will be here at noon!)
View From the Kitchen Window: gray storm clouds in the distance

This is our last week before school starts! I hope we can relax and have an enjoyable week. Ds9's school closed last week due to structural damage, so the school board is scrambling trying to figure out where to put all of the intermediate students. There are 840 kids total that they have to put somewhere and they have 1 week to do it. Tonight they are having a parent meeting to give us more information. My boys are excited to go back to school and I am looking forward to getting back into a more normal routine. School is fun for all of us!

I will have dd13 home with me this year; we will be homeschooling her once again. I am looking forward to that because I think it is really going to help her academically and also emotionally. I have a curriculum that works for her and she should do very well this year. I know it is going to be a good thing for all of us! Plus, we will get to grow closer together as mom and daughter. I am looking forward to spending more time with her.

Will you please pray for my mom? I don't really feel like going into detail, but she has an appt. Wednesday. When she leaves that appt. she will know if she has breast cancer or not. This is the 3rd or 4th appt. for her. They keep calling her back in to look at something suspicious. We are all trying not to think the worst but we are definitely ready for an answer. Please pray for my dad also.

post signature

2 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Oh no! I can't believe about your mom. I will definitely be praying for all of you!

Michelle said...

I'm keeping your mom (and your dad!) in my prayers!