Thursday, August 02, 2007

Can I Vent, Please?

Warning: This post is very whiny and gripey. Do not proceed unless you want to hear me complaining.

I am sick of walking down the hallway to my boys' bedroom and past their bathroom and smelling a yucky urine smell. GROSS!!!!

I am sick of my kids making messes all over the place and then moaning and groaning when I make them pick up their messes.

I am sick of being financially strapped. There is a light at the end of the tunnel~ in less than 1 year I will have our debt paid off and we will be in our new house. But, today, I am sick of being financially tight.

I am sick of Baby Girl crying so much at bedtime, naptime, and in the middle of the night. What is going on? Why is she crying so much? I really can't figure it out.

I am sick of being heavier than I want to be.

I am even sicker of having no self control with food. I am disgusted with myself for not following Weight Watchers.

I am sick of my 9 year old son trying to negotiate everything with me. Is he asks me something and I say, "No" he tries to negotiate. "Well, if I can't do so-and-so, then can I do so-and-so." This goes on and on until I put a stop to it and then he moans and groans and feels sorry for himself.

I think I may need some time alone. I had some time alone last night when dh took all of the kids to McD's to get dinner for them. I rearranged the living room furniture and hung pictures on the wall. It was very nice.
So maybe I just need to take a good nap. I would if I could get Baby Girl to stop crying and go to sleep. And if I could get all of the neighborhood kids out of my house.

There. I vented. I don't know if I feel any better. Maybe a little.

I hope you all are having a much better day than I am.

: )





post signature

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Vent away! sometimes it helps to just get it all out there! Hope you're feeling better tomorrow!

Natalie said...

Was the kitten's home located? I told Mom about Smokey & the kitten & how worried the kids were about it. :)

Hope your day gets better.

My kids think we're living in the BORING house since I'm just laying around all the time these days. I guess they have no way of knowing that I need to rest to heal (besides that I've told them a million times) - or that these things take time. It's hard to find patience sometimes.

Annie said...

You'll feel much better after you have a nice quiet weekend!

ann said...

Wow - I wish I lived closer and I would offer to come stay the weekend while you and dh went away alone! Of course, you don't know me and therefore probably would not want me staying in your house, alone with your children and, of course, you would have to take baby W with you because, well - you know!
Seriously, you have every reason to need to vent and 7 very good reasons to be tired!
You will definitely be in my prayers tonite.
In His Love and Blessings,
annb

-atomik kitten said...

Feel better now? I am about ready to do a post very similar.

Anonymous said...

I bet we could all post a post like this if we were as open and honest as you!

Love your blog. I'll be back.