Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Once A Month Cooking

Monday Natalie called me and was telling me about a great website called Happy To Be Called Mommy.
She found Bethany's blog through Menu Plan Monday over at Organizing Junkie. Bethany has a section on OAMC, and it has inspired me to try this again. When we lived down south in Mission, I did OAMC often and it worked out great. It really helped me stay within my monthly food budget and I loved being able to pop a meal in the oven and not have to worry about what was for dinner. Now, I do remember that I got sick and tired of eating casseroles, because that is mainly what I cooked during my OAMC sessions back then.

This time I am going to get more creative and come up with more than just casseroles. I will get my list on here soon, hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Well, probably not tonight because tonight is church, then a back-to-school ice cream bash, then I am staying up late to get some things listed on eBay. eBay is having a month of no listing fees, if any of you are interested in selling some of your stuff. It is free through September 30th.




post signature

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'll get my menu posted soon too. I'm doing more of a ten times a month cooking (cooking 2 or 3 meals a day) and will probably replenish what we've eaten during the week by batch cooking a few meals on weekends after I'm back at work again.

So far I've done turkey meatloaf, chicken enchiladas, broccoli/rice/ham/cheese (in the crockpot right now), and meatballs. This weekend, I'll be doing taco meat, bagel pizzas, full-size pizzas, calzones, ham, more meatballs and maybe a turkey (if it turns out to be a good price when I get over to Aldi to look).

Happy cooking! :)