Monday, August 27, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday~Honey, We're Having A Baby edition


How did you find out you were pregnant, how did you share the news with your hubbie... how did you tell your family?


I have been pregnant 7 times, so this post could get really long…

Just kidding! I am only going to tell you about one of my pregnancies~ in honor of my 4 year old son’s upcoming birthday (Aug 30th he will turn 5!!), I am going to tell the story of finding out I was pregnant with him and sharing it with my husband.

We had been trying to get pregnant for 2 years, with no success. In September of 2001, we began praying for twins. (That is a really great story that I will share another time). In November of that year, the day after Thanksgiving, we adopted our twin boys. Then in January, I began feeling strange. I just thought I was tired from adding 2 toddlers to our family. I remember being on the phone with Annie and she said, “I know you are pregnant. Take a test.” I knew there was no way I was pregnant and I did not want to take a test because I had taken SO many pregnancy tests over the past 2 years and they were all negative. I didn’t want another negative pregnancy test!!

I decided to go ahead and take one since I couldn’t remember the date of my last cycle. So, on the morning of January 10, 2002, I was walking down the hallway to the bathroom to take the test. We had a little telephone cabinet in the hallway and on it was a calendar with a scripture for each day. I looked at it as I was walking past and the scripture for that day was Psalm 37:4 “Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.”

I took the test and to my complete surprise it was positive!! I ran out and showed it to my husband, who had no idea what it was. He was in such shock when he figured out what it was!!!

Our little boy was born August 30th of that year. God truly did give us the desire of our hearts. We had two children, and then adopted 2 more, and then in less than a year had another one! From 2 children to 5 children in 10 months!

; )



post signature

11 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

I love your story, it is awesome. Happy 5th birthday for your son on the 30th August.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I bet you were really tired when you had all those kids and they were all so young!

Anonymous said...

Cute story! Have a great Tuesday!

Annie said...

I always seemed to know when you were pregnant.
Happy Birthday to G. I can't believe how fast time goes.

Humphrey Hot Spot said...

happy happy day little mr. G
i am still amazed that he is going to be five - he was just a little shy guy when i met him .would you please stop your kids from growing up ! it reminds me that mine are too
have a great day

Shawna said...

Wow! God has really blessed your family!! What a great story:)

Nancy Face said...

What a great story! Wow...such a blessing to adopt your twins and then be given your little bonus! I love the scripture you shared. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great story. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hey--everyone is so impressed with the gushy story only to not know how much money we spent on those blasted pregnancy tests.

Does anyone know the number of emotions that flow from those things? Anger, Jealousy, Sadness, Happiness, etc.

Annie, please tell julie to just call you if she thinks she is pregnant!

Jenny said...

Wow! Now that's multiplication at it's finest! :) Great story, Julie!

Michelle said...

wow your family sure did expand in a short time! What a great story - especially about reading that verse for that day and how true it was!

Happy 5th birthday to your son!