Monday, October 29, 2007

Holiday Countdown

www.organizedchristmas.com

Assignment #1:

Designate a spot for Christmas planning.

My spots are limited because we are very crowded in this little rent house. I am going to designate the countertop in my kitchen where my cookbooks are located. I am going to have to clean it off first and then tell dh and the kids not to pile their papers there.

I need to put these items in my Christmas planning area:

  • Christmas Notebook (I will be making this later on today)
  • Pens and pencils
  • Christmas cards (need to make appt. for holiday picture for Christmas card)
  • Address book
  • Stamps (order online)
  • Mailing labels
  • Stapler
  • Sticky notes or tape flags
  • Accordion file or hanging file folders for tear files
  • Christmas magazines
  • Mail order catalogs
  • Cookbooks
  • Recipe files
  • Christmas books
  • Lap desk or writing surface (going to use kitchen table)
Today is day #9 of the official Holiday Countdown, but I am just getting started so it is day #1 for me. I have attempted to follow this plan for a few years now, since 2004 I think, and it always help me have less holiday stress. I never follow it to a T, but I try to. Each year I get a little better at planning the holidays so that they are not stressful. The most stressful thing for me is traveling during the holidays. Just the packing alone takes me a full 8 hour day. That is very stressful and I don't like it. This year we are staying in TX for Thanksgiving and traveling to OK for Christmas. Next year we will be in our new house so we will be hosting Thanksgiving and staying home by ourselves for Christmas. I am looking forward to that!
Have a happy Monday! : )

post signature

No comments: