Saturday, October 20, 2007

Today

This morning I was awakened by my darling hubby at 6 am. No sleeping in for me. I had to get up, shower, get dressed, etc. and go pick up ds9 and ds5 at IHOP at 8. They spent the night with Pap a last night out in his camper, out at our land. I picked them up, got ds9 on his way to football practice (he rode with a friend) took dd13 to the Fall Festival where she was helping with the pumpkin painting booth (Girl Scouts). Imagine me at the fall festival with 5 children ages 7 and under trying to paint pumpkins. Hi, what was I thinking? Pushing a stroller with one hand while holding a toddler's hand and trying to juggle a wet pumpkin all while struggling against intense wind is lovely. So much for the nice hair and makeup I did this morning at 6:30. I was looking pretty cute before I went to that festival.

Anywho, I planned to go home and work on laundry for a while. Laundry is mucho backed up around here. DH has to dig through the piles on the couches to fund undies. Not good.

BUT, I got a call from dh asking me to bring lunch out to the land to feed all of the guys. The guys= dh, dh's 2 brothers, dh's dad and mom, my dad, my dad's 2 friends who have driven down from Oklahoma to do our conrete work on the shop. Plus me and the 5 children I was bringing with me. So, I ran home, fed Chunky Monkey, changed a couple of diapers, fought the neighborhood kids off, then jumped back into the van and went to Wal Mart. I bought these gigantic sub sandwiches, chips, and cookies and went out to feed the troops.

Lunch went well. Everyone was fed and there was food left over. Yeah me!

We piddled around out there for a while, then I took the babies back home with me to take naps. That went well until I figured out that Chunky Monkey was running a temp of 101+.

Went to Walgreens to get Tylenol for him then back to the land with my children plus 3 borrowed ones from the neighborhood. Right, at his point there are 10 children out at the land/house with us. They were having a blast getting dirty and running around. Those children will all sleep very well tonight!

Came back home, where we ate dinner (Baked Rigatoni, spinach salad, green peas, green beans) then bathed kids and put them to bed. Baby Girl screamed for about 45 minutes saying that her knees hurt. I finally gave her ibuprofen and put her to bed. She cried/screamed for a while and is now asleep. I hate to put my kids to bed crying, but she was completely inconsolable. She seemed to scream louder if I held her and tried to comfort her.

Chunky Monkey is awake now so I have to go. Just thought you would like a rambling, fragment-sentence-filled update.



post signature

2 comments:

Annie said...

Whew, that made me tired just reading it :o)!
I had a cry morning at church, and yes... I hate to cry. Oh well.

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Addyson has had leg cramps since she was about 18 months old. I give her Tylenol and rub her legs until she can go to sleep. Sometimes it's bad enough that she needs a warm bath, too. If she has a lot of extra exercise or if it's cold, then we're almost positive they're going to ache, but sometimes they do no matter what. I have the same thing. Growing up, the docs called it growing pains. Now, they call it Restless Leg Syndrome. Whatever. Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and warmth all seem to help. (Socks are a must and I HATE sleeping in socks!)

Anyway...it sounds like you were VERY busy!

It's rainy here today, too. I must admit, though, I LOVE this cooler weather!!!!