Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!



















We are having a great day! Dh is here and we are enjoying spending some time with him before he flies out to St. Louis this evening. We took the kids' lunches to school (I had to pack special Valentine's Day goodies in their lunchboxes and it took a while, so we took their lunches to them at 11), then we went to lunch at Chili's. After that, we went to the twins' school parties. When we got home and checked the mail there was a letter from ds6#2. It was a Valentine's card he made at school and mailed to us. So cute!

I have decorated the kitchen with red streamers and pink balloons. I thought it would be fun to have a special Valentine's dinner for the kiddos. They LOVE balloons and, in their opinions, if there are balloons, it is a party!! I tied two balloons on the front porch post also. Of course, my neighbors will think we've had the baby early and it's a girl. Until they see me waddling out to the van, that is.

This morning when I got back from taking the kids to school there was a piece of paper stuck in the handle of the glass door. It was a love letter from my sweetheart. It is the sweetest letter I have gotten in a very long time.

My Love Letter

"To my Valentine, Julie. My wife forever. My love forever. I love you as much as chicken pot pie. I love you as much as ice cream. I love you as much as chocolate. I love you as much as looking on realtor.com. I love you more than you even know.

I just wanted to stop and write you a note, on this LOVE day, to tell you how much I love you. For all that you've been, for all that you are, and all that you will be- I love all of you.

You're a gift from God, who has helped me make decisions that are heavenly sound. You're special to me and I thank God that he chose you for me. I love you more than you can imagine.

My prayer for us on this special day:
God, thank you for my wonderful friend, partner, and lover. You have blessed me in a way that I can't thank you enough. Thank you for my wife, thank you for all that she adds to my life. Please protect her when I'm not around, keep her safe, and help her to always know that I love her- no matter what.

I love you."

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I just told oldest daughter that Uncle C. wrote to Aunt Julie & said that he loves her as much as chicken pot pie and ice cream.

She said, "That's a lot of love right there! Who doesn't love those two things?"